Define "constant moisture"

Leslie_C

Define \"constant moisture\"

Some ladies have said they have had success with attaining length minus protective styling by focusing on constant moisture and little manipulation and heat. I am just wondering what you consider constant moisture and what products you use to acheive this. For example, are u moisturizing several times a day and if so does it weigh the hair down/make it greasy? Are you using oils or lotions or what? My main moisturizers are elasta qp and S curl, but those can both be heavy. After a few uses, my hair starts to feel greasy. I used to use hot 6 oil but it seems to just sit on my hair and not really moisturize it. Or do u mean more moisture from moisturizing shampoos and conditioners?

buffalosoldier

Re: Define \"constant moisture\"

I wash my hair everyday and use jheri curl products.

Remember water is the best moisturiser there is (andre walker)

Isis

Many of the ladies wash daily doing conditioner washes. I wash (with shampoo) and use a moisturizing conditioner every 3 days, keeping my ends moisturized twice each day. For me, that is "constant moisture".

Tracy

Constant moisture to me doesn't mean my hair is soaked in moisturizer. It means my hair is soft, feels smooth to the touch and does not snap when I run my fingers or a comb through it (provided it wasn't airdried)...

To achieve "constant mositure" on my hair I have to keep my hair very clean, use a good deep conditioner and leave in and a serum.

My hair stays "moisturized" using these products alone as long as I wash often...

I rarely use oils, greases, or any additional product to retain moisture.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Constant moisture to me doesn't mean my hair is soaked in moisturizer. It means my hair is soft, feels smooth to the touch and does not snap when I run my fingers or a comb through it (provided it wasn't airdried)...

To achieve "constant mositure" on my hair I have to keep my hair very clean, use a good deep conditioner and leave in and a serum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!! During the weeks that I rollerset, I mainly use a serum for my "moisture," occasionally putting a cream hairdress on my edges if I have a lot of new growth...

On twist-out/airdry weeks I use a cream moisturizer, such as UBH or Profectiv Breakfree AT LEAST once a day, sometimes twice.

Mahalialee4

I use a homemade leave in (herbs) -smells heavenly, I used the one on Hairobics as a guideline and it has the scent of linden and jasmine and your hair smells so fresh and intoxicating! Anyway, get on with it... Mahalialee...I use this with my regular wrap, alternating with Biolage Leave In Serum, oiling the edges and the ends, and of course surging daily. I shampoo once a week with a diluted shampoo and if I need to remove buildup, a heavier shampoo. Rinse only if that is all that is needed. Being wrapped and wrapped up 90% of the time helps contain the moisture throughout the hair. HTH

Neroli

I do condition washes using moisturizing conditioners every 3-4 days followed by creamy leave-ins and rollersets. I do NOT put anything on my hair in between washes -- the CW lasts from wash to wash and my hair is soft and bouncy for 3 to 4 days -- when starts to get dry, frizzy, etc., I wash again. This is MY definition of constant moisture.

zealot

I wash my hair twice a week, use a leave in conditioner and olive oil. My hair texture is soft to the touch so, I do not use a lot of products in may hair. Besides, oilve oil is an natural moisturizer so I feel that I do not anymore products to add moisture to my hair.

TBird

Ladies I just got braids last week. What can I do to keep my hair moisturized? I'm using curl activator and Sulphur 8 medicated braid spray, and aside from drinking a ton of water is there anything else I can do. I did conditioner washes before getting my hair braided. But at the risk of the braids unraveling I can't wash more than 1x a week. I want my hair in the best possible condition once I take these out. All replies will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!

LEOLADYSW

I condition wash my hair twice a week, and use a daily moisturizer every day. I use either shea butter/jojoba oil mix, mango butter/jojoba oil mix, or Mizani H2O.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

My hair stays "moisturized" using these products alone as long as I wash often...

I rarely use oils, greases, or any additional product to retain moisture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before joining this forum, I hardly ever moisturized my hair. When I joined this forum and heard about you guys moisturizing your hair, I was thinking the opposite of what Tracy just said : Constant moisture to me doesn't mean my hair is soaked in moisturizer. But now, I agree totally with Tracy but I do use oils to retain moisture on my ends.