Are These 2 Products The Same

neonbright

I was in Walmart the other day and I was going to get me another jar of Cantu Break Cure. But I notice Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream

So I read the jar and the indgredients and both on the products have 90% of the same indgredients. And you use them both the same way. I do beleive they are the same product, one cost $3.99 a jar and the other $4.99 a jar but when you pay $3.99 for a 4.7 oz jar of Break Cure and $4.99 for a 16 oz for the leave in and you use them the same way. Why would I buy the break cure?

So LHCF, what do you think...

Sistaslick

Well, I tried the leave in creme and ending up giving it away. Now that I am thinking about it, the leave in really is pretty much the same as the breakcure- looks and smell wise:ohwell:

The same thing with the Cantu Shea Butter Break Cure and their Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Treatment-- the ingredients are practically identical.:lol: I can make out a difference between these two though . . . I'm guessing the difference is in the percent composition of these ingredients. Two products may have the same ingredients A, B, C, and D in common- but one product may have 30% ingredient A, 30% B, 30% C, and 10% D while the other product with the same exact ingredients may have 50% A, 10% B, etc. That makes a big difference in the way it feels on your hair. Just like most shampoos are water, sodium lauryl sulfate, and the same bunch of ingredients- but they feel different because of the percent composition.

So in my case, the break cure treatment was a lighter protein moisturizer than the grow strong treatment--though the ingredients were nearly the same. But back to the leave in and break cure-- thats a toss up. They do seem to cancel each other out.:perplexed

neonbright

Sista, Thanks for your information and input on this. I love your hair in the Oct. pic., my hair may be long but not as full as yours.

Sistaslick

aww thanks. we're all a work in progress girl!:lol:

Its funny because I was wondering the same thing about the Cantu stuff myself--not much variance ingredient wise.:lol: Maybe they just took one product and added different amounts of water to it and slapped various labels on it to make a product line:lol::lachen: Either way, I really like the break cure and grow strong...kinda thick, but there pretty good.:D

neonbright

I love the break cure on my hair and I can use it everyday without it weighing it down at all. But with my daughter the pic in the advatar I have to use ORS products. The Olive Oil Lotion and creme perfect.