Did Cantu Shea change their leave in formula???

Which Cantu formula do you like better, old or new?

• I'm relaxed and I like the old formula

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I'm relaxed and I like the new formula

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I'm transitioning and I like the old formula

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I'm transitioning and I like the new formula

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm natural and I like the old formula

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I'm natural and I like the new formula

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

flowinlocks

I just recieved my Cantu Shea leave in moisture cream in the mail from Beauty of NY, and it's creamy, not the thick mousse texture than I'm use to.:nono: And the jar looks slighty different.

This is what I ordered,

but I got a jar that looks like this :perplexed, minus the writing below the Shea, it still has the old writing, just in a different color, and the Shea is bolded like this second jar.

ETA : changed pics. to both leave in repair cream

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I just brought the cantu you ordered from Target yesterday and seen the same at Walmart. So it still around.

I just recieved my Cantu Shea leave in moisture cream in the mail from Beauty of NY, and it's creamy, not the thick mousse texture than I'm use to.:nono: And the jar looks slighty different.

This is what I ordered,

but I got a jar that looks like this :perplexed, minus the writing below the Shea, it still has the old writing, just in a different color, and the Shea is bolded like this.

EXPECT, the product is leave in cond. repair cream. At least that's what the writing says on the jar below the Shea butter. I couldn't find a pic. of the actual new jar to post. So I used this product as an example. Also the writing on the bottom is the same as the old jar, but is in orange like this jar. It smells the same also.

I noticed the same exact thing and was so HURT :nono:. But when I compared the ingredients from an old jar, they were the same :perplexed: I may have just gotten a bad batch because when I opened the jar of one in the store to compare, :look: it looked similar to my old one

But in your case, those are two different products and the grow strong leave-in is supposed to have a creamy texture (I used this in the past and it is fairly good). I think the company you ordered from may have mixed up your order

ETA: nevermind,that last paragraph. I misunderstood your OP. Hmm...I haven't seen the leave-in repair cream in that jar. The one I had came in the same jar it always had except the consistency was different. I really don't want to have to buy out this leave in the state of NY, but I will do so if I must :look:

Last edited:
I noticed the same exact thing and was so HURT :nono:. But when I compared the ingredients from an old jar, they were the same :perplexed: I may have just gotten a bad batch because when I opened the jar of one in the store to compare, :look: it looked similar to my old one

But in your case, those are two different products and the grow strong leave-in is supposed to have a creamy texture (I used this in the past and it is fairly good). I think the company you ordered from may have mixed up your order

ETA: nevermind,that last paragraph. I misunderstood your OP. Hmm...I haven't seen the leave-in repair cream in that jar. The one I had came in the same jar it always had except the consistency was different. I really don't want to have to buy out this leave in the state of NY, but I will do so if I must :look:

Yeah, I did notice that the ingredients are the same, but as you stated the consistency is different.:nono: My camera died so after it charges some more I will post a pic. of the new jar.

Ok so here goes..... Old jar vs new jar. It's kinda blurry, but you get the picture. No pun intented:grin:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 113
Oh, I've seen this formula before, but only at BSS that don't carry the real products. I don't think that's the real formula. You know how some BSS carry the fakes....well I'm thinking that's what that is. I'd get mine from Wal-mart if I were you....the consistency is totally different, so I assume it doesn't work exactly the same either.

I noticed that the top isn't the same color either. I think the people who tried to make the fake product did a terrible job of duplicating the original (real)..lol.

Oh, I've seen this formula before, but only at BSS that don't carry the real products. I don't think that's the real formula. You know how some BSS carry the fakes....well I'm thinking that's what that is. I'd get mine from Wal-mart if I were you....the consistency is totally different, so I assume it doesn't work exactly the same either.

I noticed that the top isn't the same color either. I think the people who tried to make the fake product did a terrible job of duplicating the original (real)..lol.

No I didn't, but this sucks:nono: because I don't feel like sending it back, the whole reason I ordered it in the first place was because I could never find it at a Walmart or Target near me. And I have been working like a fool, so I haven't had time to get to the Asian bss, (there is only Sally near me).

No I didn't, but this sucks:nono: because I don't feel like sending it back, the whole reason I ordered it in the first place was because I could never find it at a Walmart or Target near me. And I have been working like a fool, so I haven't had time to get to the Asian bss, (there is only Sally near me).

Aw, have you tried the product? Maybe it works exactly the same. A BSS close to me carries a lot of products like that...with different formulas and different bottles. Trying to duplicate the product and sell it. Have you tried any drugstores? Like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens?

Aw, have you tried the product? Maybe it works exactly the same. A BSS close to me carries a lot of products like that...with different formulas and different bottles. Trying to duplicate the product and sell it. Have you tried any drugstores? Like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens?

I have no choice but to try it, because I'm completely out of my original formula. The thing that pi**es me off is that it was the original jar posted on the site to order. If I choose to return it, it's a 20% restocking fee.:perplexed And yes I will be trying these drugstores as well, thanks.

Last edited:
Same here I think the packaging everywhere has changed if they have received new stock (past month) I have the new one too bought it last week. Just looked mid writing this post the new container is on the Cantu website too. http://www.cantusheasoft.com/products.htm

Thanks, this make me feel a little better. I notice it's the new packaging in the big pic.' but when you click on it, it shows the old..... Anyhoo, now for the issue of how it stacks up??? Have you tried it yet?

Last edited:
WOW...so this is a new formula? That's funny. Why change something that works so well already? I would love to hear how this new formula stacks up as well. This is my staple leave in conditioner.

WOW...so this is a new formula? That's funny. Why change something that works so well already? I would love to hear how this new formula stacks up as well. This is my staple leave in conditioner.

Mine too! I use this to slick my bun down every day, I count on the thick mousse texture to help hold down my beady bees when I'm stretching.:lachen: All the ingredients are reading the same, so why the creamy texture? Maybe the ratios are different or perhaps the way it's processed?:look: From the feel of it, it doesn't seem like it's going to do the job.

[/b]

Mine too! I use this to slick my bun down every day, I count on the thick mousse texture to help hold down my beady bees when I'm stretching.:lachen: All the ingredients are reading the same, so why the creamy texture? Maybe the ratios are different or perhaps the way it's processed?:look: From the feel of it, it doesn't seem like it's going to do the job.

Girl, I use this daily as well. I use it the same way. I'm transitioning, so this was going to be my staple staple product...lol. I'm so disappointed. I hope it works the same. When you try it, please report back, because I so love this product.

Girl, I use this daily as well. I use it the same way. I'm transitioning, so this was going to be my staple staple product...lol. I'm so disappointed. I hope it works the same. When you try it, please report back, because I so love this product.

I'll be using it tomorrow morning, I'll be sure to post my results.:yep:

Thanks, this make me feel a little better. I notice it's the new packaging in the big pic.' but when you click on it, it shows the old..... Anyhoo, now for the issue of how it stacks up??? Have you tried it yet?
\

Used it yesterday for some 2 strand twist on my dd, still moisturizing. No complaints here, still seems the same to me.

Don't know what yall talking about all the jars I ever got from walmart and target looks like the 2nd jar with the green writing.

Wow if the ingredients are not the same and the stores here still have the old stock then I'll go back and stock up on the original cantu. I really like this since because I'm transitioning and it makes my hair smooth.

Wow if the ingredients are not the same and the stores here still have the old stock then I'll go back and stock up on the original cantu. I really like this since because I'm transitioning and it makes my hair smooth.

The ingredients are the same, but the texture is way off.:nono:

Well as I said, I would come back and post my results........All I can say I'm heartbroken:cry3:It's moisturizing, but no where near as thick.:nono: I had to use more product to obtain a not so good result. Normally after I slick my bun down, it's moist but molded & it does wonders for holding down my NG. This time it's soft and still slightly fuzzy. I had a pinch of the old stuff, so I used it on top of the new, and It was like night & day. Also the new stuff seems to stay white in my hair, whereas the other one soaked in. Sigh, I guess I'll be on the hunt for the old jar.

Well as I said, I would come back and post my results........All I can say I'm heartbroken:cry3:It's moisturizing, but no where near as thick.:nono: I had to use more product to obtain a not so good result. Normally after I slick my bun down, it's moist but molded & it does wonders for holding down my NG. This time it's soft and still slightly fuzzy. I had a pinch of the old stuff, so I used it on top of the new, and It was like night & day. Also the new stuff seems to stay white in my hair, whereas the other one soaked in. Sigh, I guess I'll be on the hunt for the old jar.

I found this to be the case as well. Normally I only have to buy a jar 1x every 2 months, but I'm almost out now and its only been 3 weeks :nono:. I even compared the arrangement of the ingredients, but everything seems the same except the texture :(

I have both those products. They aren't the same. The white jar is the leave in. The green one is a protein treatment.

I have both those products. They aren't the same. The white jar is the leave in. The green one is a protein treatment.

I only posted the pic. of the treatment the first time because I couldn't find a pic. of the new jar on the net to post, and my camera wasn't charged yet. I just wanted to show the way "Shea" was bolded in green. The first pic. was for example only. I wasn't speaking on that product per say. These two are suppose to be the same. Unfortunately they aren't :nono: Sorry for the confusion.

I found this to be the case as well. Normally I only have to buy a jar 1x every 2 months, but I'm almost out now and its only been 3 weeks :nono:. I even compared the arrangement of the ingredients, but everything seems the same except the texture :(

Yep this sucks.

Back