Are you addicted to washing your hair? (co washing included!)

Are you addicted to washing your hair?

• Yes, and I LOVE IT!!! :grin:

Votes: 246 66.1%
  • Yes, it's annoying, but I can't stop! :perplexed

Votes: 55 14.8%
  • No, but I was. I'm over it now :yep:

Votes: 44 11.8%
  • No, I have better things to do :rolleyes:

Votes: 27 7.3%

• Total voters
I like it; I love it; I want some more of it. I have to say all of this new growth, it's something of a trial after washing, and I wonder why oh why did I decide to stretch this long - but I love washing my hair. And conditioning it.

I love washing my hair, I do it everyday. My sis makes fun of me because I wash so often; she does the once a week thing. It feels so good to have a fresh clean scalp, that when I have to skip two days so that I can do my relaxer, I really feel like I'm suffering!

I looveeee it tooo :D :D Oh man I love it so much. I only wash my hair twice a week. I lather once with baby shampoo, then dc twice, AND RINse. i LOVE IT. And I would co wash daily, but I have scalp issues with dandruff......but washing twice a week is defintely better than the old routine where I would wash every two weeks.....scalp was a dry, itchy thirsty mess. And I'd be putting medicine on it in between for my dandruff. Now I hardly need the medicine the derm gave me, thanks tow ashing twice a week. I also no longer see dandruff on my shoulder.

I like you love how the warm water feels on my scalp tiffers, and I often spend a good 20 minutes in there, just letting the water make love to my scalp. love it, love it, love it!!!

I love it too! :blush:

I'm perfecting my rollerset, experimenting with different roller sizes for different looks and having a ball!!! :drunk:

I like washing my hair too. I feel really strange when I don't put my hands in it at least 3 times a week to wash, deep condition and moisturize it. When my hair is in a sew-in or braided up, I am constantly tempted to take it down and like AJJ, I figured out a way to wash my braided hair and I am enjoying that a lot:yep:.

<sigh>

Hi everyone. My name is Tara ... and I'm addicted to washing my hair.

(and the crowd says, "Hi, Tara!")

But ummmm yeah ... I have a problem. :look: I co-washed this morning, but I feel like I have build-up. So .... errrrrr uhhhhhh ... I'm 'bout to clarify.

Yeah ... gotta problem.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I started co-washing my hair everyday a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it! I'm currently transitioning and my NG is getting longer and thicker. Plus I use blackstrap molasses once a week (for breakage) and I deep condition twice a week.

I wish I knew my hair would love being washed everyday I would have done it years ago.

Damn! I was all prepared to feel all good about myself then you had to throw in that
"co-wash" part.lol. I understand exactly what you mean though. I love the way that it feels. My hair does a 180 afterward. If I had time to do it as often as I'd like I would be doing it every single day! And let's not even talk about in the shower. Yeah, it's definitely good stuff.

Oh yes! I'm addicted to washing and co-washing! I liked wash day when I was relaxed and its even better now that I'm natural. :yep:

I can experiment with products cause I know I can just hop in the shower!:bath2:

Yes and I love it! Until my hiar dries and is a hard harsh mess :( I need a btter condish and perhaps a sulfate free poo would help out a lot as well.

I just started washing my hair about every 3 days. I love that clean scalp feel. I have an oily scalp and I hate it when it gets weighed down. When my hair gets longer, I'll probably just put it up in a bun, but for now, it's on...

yes, i love to wash my hair, but i have been wearing twists for a few months now, so i wash once a week. before i would cowash daily. i love how my hair feel when i wash it, but i don't like dealing with it afterwards.

I used to wash my hair once a month and now I do it 2-3 times a week and deep condition twice a week I am in love. I love the feeling of water on my scalp!!!!!!!!

I would LOVE to wash my hair more. If I could air dry and be cute, I would do it every single day! The only thing better than washing is DC'ing...

I love that feeling of cleanliness i get when i wash my hair!!! And that feeling of new, happy hair! LOL!!! Its so therapeutic!!

I'm working on using up my products which I've accumulated so, I'm cowashing every 2 days sometimes 3 and putting in my phony pony. I'm also addicted to the way baggying (yes I'm with that challenge) makes my ends feel. Since using the linange relaxer cowashing is making a difference with my hair. When I was with Mizani and I cowashed my hair didn't feel moisturized at all and seemed to shed more. I'm glad summer is here so I can cowash.

i am absolutely addicted to cowashing! i actually cowashed EVERYDAY last winter and never got a cold so its doable ladies! i continue to cowash everyday and i am thinking about upping it to 2x a day for the summer.

Yes I'm addicted! If I go more than a day with dry hair, I think something's wrong! I love the feeling and the smell of freshly washed/cowashed hair. Can't wait to cowash tonight!

I was but I'm over it I think. Too much to do and I just prefer to keep my hands out of my hair as much as possible especially during long stretches. I do tend to wash my hair more between 2 and 8 weeks post though.

I love to co-wash. However, right now, I'm bunning for growth during the week. Now once the weekend comes, I love to co-wash. Actually, I would probably do it every morning (wash and go) if I weren't trying this bunning thing, so I have to exercise restraint.

I am, and that's part of my problem...I'm loosing too much hair with all the manipulation and tangles. Kudos to the girls on here who can pull it off with success.

Back