Are You Combing Out Your Rollersets?

Do You Comb Out Your Rollersets?

• Total voters

cocowhite

I don't rollerset to often, but it just depends on how it turns out. If I have spirals then I don't do anything to them and just them as is. If my curls are going in every direction imaginable, I finger comb and leave it at that, but if the curls just didn't come out right, oh yeah I comb and have some loose waves.

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
Cincysweetie said:
I usually finger comb, but it does depend somewhat on the style I'm doing. If I want to do a rollerwrap, then I comb/brush it out. If I'm wearing the style curly from a regular rollerset or from using my carusos, I finger comb, pull apart the curls. Usually towards the later days of my rollerset I comb my hair out cause it starts to get tangly.

Ditto what Cincysweetie said. It totally depends on what look I'm going for. I comb and wrap for straight, and finger comb to keep my curls.

Sometimes though, even if I am going for curly, if I mess around and put too much Lotta Body in I'll have to wrap it or it will look like plastic :lol: .

Isis

Thanks for your replies ladies. It still looks like just as many are finger-styling the curls as are combing out the rollersets. Both ways seem to be working just as well.

MissFallon

I comb it out, I like my hair straight. I only rollerset to get my hair to be straight. I wrap it after I roll it.

MissFallon

I comb it out after rollersetting. Before coming here I never even realized that ppl wore "regular" rollersets curly. I've only seen ppl with spiral curls wear their rollersets curly and maybe 1 or 2 ppl in the salon not get it blown out.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Before coming to this board, I thought everyone did rollersets for curls. I like big wavy hair, so I always comb out the curls afterwards.

Candy_C

oh no...well i was always under the impression that the ladies who use no heat did rollersets and then combed them out..

so how are you ladies gettin ya hair straight without heat? its beyond me! i think i'll be using the blowdryer WITh the attachment fo life

H

honey_jammz82

I comb mine out and then flat iron my hair. The truth is I can not rollerset for anything, so it comes out looking crazy. When I would go to the Dominicans I did not have to comb my rollersets out, my hair came out really nice.

asubeauty

I usually wrap right after rollersetting, but when I get to about 6 or 7 weeks post relaxer, I keep my curls. I just separate them with my fingers. This only lasts for two or three days, so I tend to wash and rollerset more often when I have more new growth.

betty-boo

Hello Isis!! I'm no pro, but I tend just to finger comb. I like how it looks and the curls eventually fall out anyway if I want it super straight. My hair is in recovery so the least amount of combing etc., the better for me. Maybe when its really strong it could withstand it.

CoCoGirl821

I use my fingers to comb out my style. I like the fullness of the curls in my hair. Although I think when I do my rollerset tonight I am going to wrap my hair first.

Blu217

Always; I have to because my hair is fine and fingerstyling alone never worked on my hair--but I never wrap. My current sig pic is of a combed-out set.

Isis

It's interesting that the results here are still almost neck to neck with some combing and others finger styling their rollersets. :scratchch

Mylin

I like to wear my rollersets both ways. Sometimes I finger comb it for a curly look and other times I brush it out and wrap it.

Just wondering, what are you ladies now doing with your rollersets?

ajoyfuljoy

I usually flat iron my roots and finger comb. I love the big, full bouncy hair look. I don't like the look of combed out rollersets on me. I would rather flat iron and bump the ends under than comb out a rollerset.