Are You Ready Right Now for the Rapture?

ktykaty

The Two Witnesses explained, this is history, not my sayings or my thoughts. But yes I do believe that it is very accurate. I learned about the Inquisition in middle-school and its affect on the world at large.

So was the Word of God killed? It was in France during the French Revolution as the Papal reign was coming to an end.

"The French convention dressed an ***, loaded it with the symbols of Christianity, and tied the Old and New Testaments to it's tail. It was then led in mock procession, the crowd piled books of devotion into heaps and burned them to ashes, amid blasphemous shouts. A prostitute was enthroned as 'goddess of reason'." L.E.Froom, Prophetic Faith of our Fathers, Vol 2, Page 738

"France stands apart in the worlds history as the single state which by the decree of her legislative assembly, pronounced there was no God." Blackwoods Magazine Nov. 1870

"On November 26 1793, the convention, of which 17 Bishops and some Clergy were members, decreed the abolition of all religion." The Age of Revolution, W.T.Hutton, Page 156

What about the two witnesses being dead for three and a half days? (Rev. 11:9). Well, we know that in bible prophecy a day is a literal year, so this would equate to three and a half literal years. Take a look at the following quote:

"In 1793, the decree passed the French Assembly suppressing the Bible. Just three years after, a resolution was introduced into the Assembly going to supersede the decree, and giving toleration to the scriptures. That resolution lay on the table for six months, when it was taken up and passed without a dissenting vote .... On 17th June 1797." George Stoffs, Midnight Cry, Vol 4, Nos.5-6, 47

17 November 1793 - France votes the Bible and religion out. (Death)

17 June 1797 - France votes the Bible and religion back in. (Resurrected)

To the exact time of 3.5 years this prophecy was fulfilled by the nation of France. Remember that it says the beast from the bottomless pit does this to the two witnesses. A beast in bible prophecy represents a nation, (see Daniel 7). France is the only nation that fulfills this prophecy of killing the two witnesses, the law and the prophets (the Bible). Please understand also that it was Papal Rome that started the French revolution. When the Christian reformation first hit France, it was accepted with open arms. This then angered the Roman Catholic Church and they initiated the revolution to stamp out the reformation.

Hello Blazingthru,

I've studied what you wrote but IMHO theses so called historical facts are erroneous. there seems to be a confusion between local power (Commune) and national power (French Convention) during the French revolution.
In November 1793 the Convention voted a law authorizing Communes to forbid public worship and to close churches on their territory. But in all the constitutions of France up to 1799, freedom of religion was guaranteed & private worship or mass was still legal.

For example, in Paris where the atheist movement was one of the worst, churches where "only" closed from November 1793 to May 1795. Parisians where going to mass in the surrounding towns.

If a beast in Bible prophecy is a nation, then Revelation 11 is not about France, because atheists and deists never succeed to abolish/forbid all religion in the whole nation.
If there's one thing that the French revolution did prove, it's that you cannot kill the Church of Christ, no matter how hard you try.

If you want more precision about that, I'll be happy to help.

lovely008

The only good thing about the rapture that I can think of would be the great revival that will occur...does she want to be part of that or something? Or maybe she follows bible prophecy closely and wants to see how things will unfold? I dunno, I don't think any of us can ever fathom how terrible the tribulation will truly be! I think the terrible situation going on in Japan is giving us a taste, a simple drop of how horrible things will be for the whole world. Things just keep getting worse over there :/

Tell her she will be missing the marriage supper of the Lamb?! Jesus wants her to be there!