Question about being rapture ready?

sexyeyes3616

If you have repented of your sins and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior and been baptized and filled with the holy spirit and are a chrisitian but you dont read your bible and pray like you should would you still make the rapture?

tmichelle

I don't know the answer to your question, I just know that God doesn't make mistakes so I hope that would be of comfort.

Forever in Bloom

If you have repented of your sins and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior and been baptized and filled with the holy spirit and are a chrisitian but you dont read your bible and pray like you should would you still make the rapture?

Think of it this way: What's going to be more important, prayer or praise, after we are raptured?

Answer: Praise. There will be no need to pray for the things we deal with everyday on this earth.

God knows your thoughts and will provide for you even when you don't send out a prayer request. I still urge you to pray. When you wake up in the morning, a simple "thank you" is a start. I admit, I sometimes forget to pray, but spend the majority of my time talking out loud to God - in the name of Jesus! - rather than praying in silence. Talking/praying out loud leads to a praise session by the way.

Try not to think of getting into heaven as a step by step process. There's a lot of people out there who think reading the Bible, and being a good person will get them into heaven. You can read the Bible 'til the cows come home, but if you don't understand and apply the principles to your life, what are you reading it for?

P.S. Speaking of understanding, I read the ten commandments for years and didn't even know that "thou shalt not bear false witness" meant "thou shalt not lie." Yeah I read it for years and had it memorized backwards and forwards, but I didn't allow myself to understand its meaning in our time. Who would have thunk it? :look:

metamorfhosis

Hi Sexy-

I don't think anyone can actually tell you if you will make the Rapture. JESUS is the Judge.

You could be sinning and not realizing that you have sinned. When you repent, do you mean it sincerely or do you sin the same sin over and over again and then repent. There is no formula (a+b=making the rapture) for making it to heaven. Our walk with the LORD is a daily process.

When you are in a relationship with someone, don't you do certain things to get closer to them? Your relationship with GOD should be no less. He likes for you to talk to him and you can tell HIM your inner most thoughts.

There are some people who THINK they are doing all the right things but will not make it into heaven:

Matthew 7:21-23 (NIV)

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Beauty4Ashes

Can I rephrase your question....

I'm professing salvation but am I saved or will I make it to heaven, if I don't know God's voice nor do I communicate with Him like I know I should?

You've received several answers, but how do you know who's speaking truth and who's not? Do you really want to rely on other people to answer an eternal life/death question such as this? I personally, would want to know for myself and not take anyone's word for it. The Bible says, "study to shew theyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividng the word of truth." (2 Tim 2:15)

Consider this...
"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me." (John 23-24)

We are told to love God with all of our hearts, mind, and souls and if we love Him we will keep His words, but in order to keep His words we must know what His word is, right?

In this day in time, you really need to know God's voice for yourself and the only way to do that is to have a relationship with Him through prayer, studying His word, and even by the Holyghost-(who is our teacher).

Please don't be one of these...

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (Matt 7:21-23)