Argggh!!! Frizzy, knotty ends!

Razz2525

Now I've never experienced this before, but then again, I haven't texturized in a long time (I texturized years ago when I had the super crop natural hair). I still have shorter hair (longest length almost touches the top of my shirt collar). I cut trying to transition and I found a year-old pic of over the shoulder relaxed locks and almost cried
... well anyway, I texturized at home a few weeks ago and got it blown out at Curve Salon, of course came out looking great. But when I washed my hair the other day and started to blow dry, the hair shaft is relatively smooth but the blow drying comb came to an absolute stop when I got to the ends, especially in the back where it's shorter (it's a layered, "shaggy" cut). I had put serum AND a littlebit of oil on the ends, and it STILL was knotty and frizzy. I've never experienced this before. Usually, if it's frizzy and knotty, it's all over, not JUST at the ends. I don't want to cut again, I'm trying to grow all over again... any ideas to make the ends soft or when I get my hair mildly relaxed at a salon (don't want to try again at home), should I ask them to put a little relaxer on the ends? Btw, I'd prefer to do this at home (working as a temp and *trying* to save money) so if I can do this safely at home, that'd be great too!

Armyqt

You can try doing a hotoil treatment with EVOO and then finishing your eash with a moisturizing deep condition. This may help unloose the knots at the end.

Marseeya

Hi Razz
I don't know if you wash, condition and detangle in the shower, but I find this helps tremedously. Afterwards, I would spray especially the ends with a detangler, sometimes a little conditioner with water helps. Then apply your serum then blow dry. Ends tend to dry a bit more quicker, so keep them damp and detangled. Hope this helps some.

ms_kenesha

I think the frizzy ends are probably due to split ends or they're just old ends that weren't as taken care of as the rest of your hair and unfortunately my advice is if you can't fix it....cut it. If you're not ready to do that baby those ends as much as possible and trim slowly until you've gotten rid of the knotty ends.

Karonica

Re: Argggh!!! Frizzy, knotty ends!

I know you don't want to hear this, but I got a 2 inch chop a few weeks ago, and you'd be surprised how much of a difference that makes. Before then, I could get a comb through it, but when it came to the ends, it was like combing wires.
I still have another inch of hair I want to get rid of, but no time soon.

ms_kenesha

Hey Karonica! Where have you been, not knowing what a blow out is
J/K white women pay beaucoup bucks for blow-outs, like $100 a pop! Which is why I need to get my cosmetology license!

Karonica

I thought it was just blowdrying, but I didn't know it included the round brush. I need to invest in one of those, but I'm afraid of causing damage.

They do blow-outs all the time on "Ambush Makeover" now that I think about it.

Hate to say it too, but I had the same problem until I got about 2" cut off. I tried the round brush blowdry method before. I couldn't do it right on my hair, but I can do a good blow-out on my daughters' hair.

sithembile

I had a blowout at a "white" salon and they pulled my hair so much that my scalp was tender, and I'm sure I lost a lot of hair, I just couldn't bare to look down.