My ends are always frizzy-HELP!!

Precious_P

I am 4a/4b relaxed and my ends become frizzy to the point that I have to cut off my hair because it looks so bad. My hair is cut into layers becuase I had this problem on the top right side of my head a few years ago. I recently cut 2 inches off my hair due to frizzy ends on the sides and the back. I tend to have dry hair so my regime focuses on moisturising my hair. The most I use heat is once a week and I use a heat protectant. I moisturize my ends at least once a day. I don't believe in "trimming" your hair every 6 weeks. Does anyone have anysuggestions.

HoneyDew

Clarifying and using Fermodyl 619 Leave in Treatments on my hair after every wash keeps my end in very nice shape. I sometimes use the 233, but the 619 has no protein and is very moisturizing.

I also use a creamy leave in like Giovanni Direct or something like that before applying my heat protectant airdrying and flatironing my hair.

What moisturizer do you use? Also, product use may not even be your problem. How do you dry your hair? Do you tie it down at night.

Precious_P

Thanks for the tips so far ladies.

HoneyDew,
I ususally moisterise with EQP mango butter, jojoba oil and EQP Oil recovery moisteriser. I use serum sometimes as well. I rarely blow-dry unless I'm in a hurry and even then I use low heat. I ry to airdy but I notice major frizz then unless I do a braidout and I tie my hair with a satin scarf anytime i get in the bed. I have become lazy with washing it as often as I use to so I wonder if lack of water moisture my be contributing.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Also check the sharpness of your shears. That was a major cause of my frizzy and split ends. Those suckers should be dangerously sharp.

HighlyFavored1

I noticed that you said you use heat about once a week. What kind of heat? Frizzy ends used to be a problem for me when I used to use a hand dryer so I started rollersetting, and that really helps to smooth ends. Recently, I found out that steam is really amazing for combatting frizz. You might consider checking out threads about the Maxiglide if you flat iron your hair, or Caruso rollers if you are used to curlier styles.

I wouldn't recommend that you keep just cutting the ends unless they are damaged/split. Cutting probably won't just eliminate frizz.

MissFallon

Use Motions CPR treatment Headress on your ends and then wrap your hair or bun it up. When you take it down the ends should look better. I say do this until they are back in shape. Also, you can use a little extra moisturizer, it may be greasy when u first put it on but over the course of the day it will dry out and keep your ends moisturized.

joyous

HighlyFavored1 said:
I noticed that you said you use heat about once a week. What kind of heat? Frizzy ends used to be a problem for me when I used to use a hand dryer so I started rollersetting, and that really helps to smooth ends.
I wouldn't recommend that you keep just cutting the ends unless they are damaged/split. Cutting probably won't just eliminate frizz.

I agree with the rollersetting. If you don't want to do a complete rollerset, try the ponytail method and put a roller or two on the ends. I used to make 4 ponytails, cover my ends with endpaper, and put a large mesh roller on the end of each ponytail. The results were smooth, moisturized, frizz-free ends.

Precious_P

I rarely blow-dry unless I, m in a hurry and it is on the cool settine. Majority of my heat will come from flat ironing or roller sets. I will try the ponytail method with the hair rollers. I vowed not to cut my hair again unless I have split ends or major breakage.