Arizona Ladies! Get in Here, quick! About winter hair care...

Mz.MoMo5235

im in az. a small town called sierra vista. i use humectants with lots of success actually.

these are the products i use and in order:

wash and towel dry
spray with home made moisture/protein spritz (50% water, 25% infusium23, large blob of conditioner, blob of anti-snap, and top off with glycerin)
then i apply conditioner over that, and then i seal with evoo.
i will also use aloe vera gel or eco style gel when needed.

some times i'll add some care free curl in the gold bottle. doesnt really do anything special for me, i'm just trying to use it up after i brought it from hearing such great things online about it lmao

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
True. :yep: I think straightened hair lasts a lot longer before reversion with the lack of moisture in the air.

Yeah, except during monsoon :rolleyes:. I tried that Garnier anti-humidity spray over the summer and it worked really well. I roller set then flat ironed the parts that didn't get straight then used the spray after and my hair didn't revert.

4everbeautifull1

I've actually used the glycerin mixed with water and infusium 23 and it worked beautifully. I also really like the cantu shea butter leave in.

Mz.MoMo5235

Yeah, except during monsoon :rolleyes:. I tried that Garnier anti-humidity spray over the summer and it worked really well. I roller set then flat ironed the parts that didn't get straight then used the spray after and my hair didn't revert.

i dont even attempt to wear my hair straight during monsoon lol my hair laughs at me when i do:lachen:

Angelicus

Thank you for this thread. My hair is a hot mess now and It really needs to get back in shape. Meka, I think I am going to get in touch with your braider.

rainbowknots

When is monsoon season in AZ. I'm moving there and I was wondering how you ladies take care of your hair, more so the naturals since I'm transitioning. Glad I found this thread.

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
When is monsoon season in AZ. I'm moving there and I was wondering how you ladies take care of your hair, more so the naturals since I'm transitioning. Glad I found this thread.

Are you moving to the Phoenix area? I'm in Tucson.
Officially the monsoon starts June 15 - 30 September. We used to go by the dew point averaging 54 degrees or higher for 3 consecutive days. It's not like a real monsoon like they have in say India :grin:. We get the bulk of our rain for the year during the monsoon.
The water is very hard here so a shower filter or some sort of filtration is a must for your hair and skin. Good luck.

rainbowknots

Are you moving to the Phoenix area? I'm in Tucson.
Officially the monsoon starts June 15 - 30 September. We used to go by the dew point averaging 54 degrees or higher for 3 consecutive days. It's not like a real monsoon like they have in say India :grin:. We get the bulk of our rain for the year during the monsoon.
The water is very hard here so a shower filter or some sort of filtration is a must for your hair and skin. Good luck.
Thanks, yeah I'll be moving to the Phoenix area, luckily missing monsoon season lol. A shower filter is definitely high on my list of items to get for my hair.