Asha's First Flat Twist Attempt 2/19/2003

UmSumayyah

Re: Asha\'s First Flat Twist Attempt 2/19/2003

Asha, would you mind sharing the technique for flat twists? They look great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Melaninme

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ennyaa said:
Beautiful flat twists! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I had planned on trying that this weekend as a different way to achieve a twist out but wow, the style itself looks really good. Only problem I'll have is my ends though because they are still relaxed so they don't hold the twist as well as I'd like. Ah well. Worth a try anywho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried wetting or applying a creme to your ends then wrap them in end paper before using small sponge rollers to curl? When I wore a relaxer I use to plait my hair in about 10 - 15 plaits and set my ends, using end papers, on sponge curlers. When my hair and/or my ends were dry I removed the curlers and end papers.

Give it a try! If you do, let me know the results.

Take care,

Asha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Melaninme

UmSumayyah said:
Asha, would you mind sharing the technique for flat twists? They look great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The flat twists you saw were done on my twistout hair. I sectioned, or tried to section, about eight sections. When started, I sectioned the hair closest to my ear and used hair clips to hold remaining hair at bay. I proceeded to flat, two strand twist, the hair close to the scalp. The twisting continued through to my ends. After this section was complete I then parted the next section and repeated the process until entire head was done.

HTH, and if it doesn't let me know.

Last edited:

ms_kenesha

Your twists are beautiful and I love #7 in Playing Around. Is that a press &amp; curl or roller set?

Melaninme

ms_kenesha said:
Your twists are beautiful and I love #7 in Playing Around. Is that a press &amp; curl or roller set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. The pic in question is pressed hair set as pin curls.

deon19

Hello Asha's
Number 7 who curled your hair? Did you do it yourself

Melaninme

deon19 said:
Hello Asha's
Number 7 who curled your hair? Did you do it yourself

[/ QUOTE ]
Deon,

I curled my hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rosie

Help, I can\'t see it

Asha or anyone who can help,
When ever I try to view your albums, it prompts me for a password.

rosie

Re: Help, I can\'t see it

rosie said:
Asha or anyone who can help,
When ever I try to view your albums, it prompts me for a password.

[/ QUOTE ]

D'uh /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I see. I had the signature feature turned off. Now I got hte password, girl.

Ennyaa

Thanks Asha. Actually I used end papers with the hard pink rollers that have the snap on covers. I think though that a) the rollers were too big and
b) I had too much hair in each one

I will try again tonight (hopefully if I can finish up my packing) and not be so lazy about it this time. lol /images/graemlins/look.gif

daviine

No!!!! Ennyaa!!!!! Please don't pack..........please........ /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

deon19

The hairdresse that I go to curl hair like that and I pin it to keep it curl. But my quesition is How do you curl your hair like that? Is it the way you us your curlers

Ennyaa

Awwww *sniff* I'll still be here in spirit girl. (Just without all the snow, lol)

Not to mention I'll be back and forth alot because my wedding is still up here. So hopefully on one of those weekends we can get together again.

Crysdon

Asha,

Your hair is so pretty...straight or natural.

Like you, I used to be a member of one of those "napptural/nappy" boards when I cut all of the perm from my hair. I used to wear my hair straight 70% of the time and when I didn't straighten, I wore it in a natural ponytail, well really a pom-pom because it surely didn't look like a pony's tail /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Anyway, the bad attitudes drove me away. When I mentioned that I airdried and pressed my hair most of the time, those women went off. You would have thought I told them I kill people for a living /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Just like you said, you can't please everyone.

Another thing, why would a woman care what another woman does to her hair? Not trying to be homophobic or anything, but complaining about another woman's hair not being natural enough sounds really, really, gay to me.

Melaninme

deon19 said:
The hairdresse that I go to curl hair like that and I pin it to keep it curl. But my quesition is How do you curl your hair like that? Is it the way you us your curlers

[/ QUOTE ]

I

Last edited:

Melaninme

Crysdon said:
Anyway, the bad attitudes drove me away. When I mentioned that I airdried and pressed my hair most of the time, those women went off. You would have thought I told them I kill people for a living /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Just like you said, you can't please everyone.

Another thing, why would a woman care what another woman does to her hair? Not trying to be homophobic or anything, but complaining about another woman's hair not being natural enough sounds really, really, gay to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chipmunk

This is your FIRST attempt, as in, never have tried before?
You have a serious skill when it comes to hair. I told you before, one day I'm going to learn how to work the comb/brush like that (it's MyssTress /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Keep it up girl!!!

Jenai

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! Sorry, I just couldn't help it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Model looks, great hair, and now - hair styling talent. Girl, keep up the good work. The other hairboard's loss is our gain.

Melaninme

GiGi said:
I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! Sorry, I just couldn't help it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Model looks, great hair, and now - hair styling talent. Girl, keep up the good work. The other hairboard's loss is our gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, Thank you and Thank you again! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif Can you feel the love up in here? I know I can! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take care,

Asha /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Anyway, the bad attitudes drove me away. When I mentioned that I airdried and pressed my hair most of the time, those women went off. You would have thought I told them I kill people for a living

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
So pressed hair isn't 'natural enough'? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Whatever... This attitude always baffles me. Who gives flying /images/graemlins/censored.gif about what grown folks do to their own hair?! /images/graemlins/mad.gif Years ago I remember some women I worked with saying they felt "betrayed and disappointed" when they found out that a certain actress had a texturizer. /images/graemlins/huh.gif
(I can't remember her name, but I think she was in Beloved and/or the Color Purple...)

kema

Hey Asha,

I love your flat twist pictures! Your hair is beautiful! When you did your flat twists, how was the resulting twist-out? I have tried flat twist a couple of times, but I have done it while wet. I think I might try it dry next time, b/c yours looks a lot neater than I'm able to get mine while wet.

Melaninme

sassygirl125 said:
Anyway, the bad attitudes drove me away. When I mentioned that I airdried and pressed my hair most of the time, those women went off. You would have thought I told them I kill people for a living

[/ QUOTE ]

May I use the picute found within your signature within my inspiration folder?

TIA

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
So pressed hair isn't 'natural enough'? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Whatever... This attitude always baffles me. Who gives flying /images/graemlins/censored.gif about what grown folks do to their own hair?! /images/graemlins/mad.gif Years ago I remember some women I worked with saying they felt "betrayed and disappointed" when they found out that a certain actress had a texturizer. /images/graemlins/huh.gif
(I can't remember her name, but I think she was in Beloved and/or the Color Purple...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Melaninme

kema said:
Hey Asha,

I love your flat twist pictures! Your hair is beautiful! When you did your flat twists, how was the resulting twist-out? I have tried flat twist a couple of times, but I have done it while wet. I think I might try it dry next time, b/c yours looks a lot neater than I'm able to get mine while wet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flat twists you saw were done following a twistout from single two strand twists, so the resulting twistout of the flat twist was a disaster. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I do believe that in order for me to successful with a twistout from flat twists, I'll have to twist on stretched out dry hair or from wet hair, not after a two strand twistout.

HTH, let alone make any sense./images/graemlins/huh.gif

Asha /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure! I 'borrowed' it from a site about two years ago. I have no idea where I found it... I'll PM you the big one.

Melaninme

sassygirl125 said:
TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure! I 'borrowed' it from a site about two years ago. I have no idea where I found it... I'll PM you the big one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

Asha /images/graemlins/smile.gif

VALLEYGIRL

Asha
What can I say? I love this look on you!! Very exotic looking. It looks so cool! I an't believe it was rush job...doesn't look like it at all. I know people that pay good money to go to a natural stylist to get this sort of stuff done. Well I can't wait to see what it will look like when you 'take your time!'
Nice color too!!
Valleygirl

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)

VALLEYGIRL said:
Asha
What can I say? I love this look on you!! Very exotic looking. It looks so cool! I an't believe it was rush job...doesn't look like it at all. I know people that pay good money to go to a natural stylist to get this sort of stuff done. Well I can't wait to see what it will look like when you 'take your time!'
Nice color too!!
Valleygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it DOES look like her hair was done by a professional. In fact, all of her hairstyles look that way. I'm sorry to see your album on hiatus.

Melaninme

CurlyCrly said:
VALLEYGIRL said:
Asha
Nice color too!!
Valleygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it DOES look like her hair was done by a professional. In fact, all of her hairstyles look that way. I'm sorry to see your album on hiatus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you CurlyCrly,

You and the members of this site have been very supportive.

Take care,