Attack of the itchy weave....

Mena

Omg....my weave was itching like something serious yesterday. I wash my hair once a week. I still had a couple of days before I needed to wash about I did it early. Even after I washed my weave....it was still itchy! all night long....it is better now but ...what causes this? I did dye my weave ...maybe the dye is bothering my scalp? I have only had it in for a month by the way

bermudabeauty

I've heard alot of theories on this issue. Same with braids. Pulling on the scalp, hair is growing, hair is dirty, scalp is dry, not washing the hair before application (the dye in the hair makes your scalp itch). I have also heard a lot of remedies to combat the issue. Wash the weave before you wear it, oil your scalp, wash your hair,etc. I could never figure it out when I was rocking braids and weaves. I even made my scalp bleed a time or two from all the dang scratching I was doing. I never found anything to work for me. Good luck

Mena

I've heard alot of theories on this issue. Same with braids. Pulling on the scalp, hair is growing, hair is dirty, scalp is dry, not washing the hair before application (the dye in the hair makes your scalp itch). I have also heard a lot of remedies to combat the issue. Wash the weave before you wear it, oil your scalp, wash your hair,etc. I could never figure it out when I was rocking braids and weaves. I even made my scalp bleed a time or two from all the dang scratching I was doing. I never found anything to work for me. Good luck

I washed my hair before I put the dye in AND the weave hair before I dyed it....i havent been oiling my scalp as much though...maybe i should start that up again