Weave Wearers--Need Advice!

InJesusName

I have the itchies so bad! It was so bad that it woke me out of my sleep last night! I have been using lots of moisturizer (my own mixture of S curl, EO's and Infusium) in a spray bottle twice a day (once in AM and once in PM), but it still itches.

My stylist gave me an instruction sheet that said my hair may feel tight and itchy as my scalp adjusts to the pH of the tracks, but this is unbearlable.

Is it normal for your scalp to itch for a couple of days after getting a weave?

How do you combat the itchies?

The stylist also suggested applying Sea Breeze to the scalp to soothe the itching, but I thought that was supposed to be bad for your natural hair, so I did not try that...should I?

She also suggested taking an antihistamine such as Benadryl to calm the itching--will that work?

I haven't had a weave in over 6 years, so sorry for all the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bluediamond0829

im having the same problems....i cant get in between the tracks to be able to scratch my hair :( ....and then when i wrap it at night thats when i have the worst time....and i cant get to it to be able try to apply anything to my scalp...so im feeling your pain...i dont know about rather Benadryl will work i think its just because we havent had our hair braided up in awhile...what about washing it(dilute some shampoo and take it and go thru the tracks) and rinse it out...i think i need to go and get a bottle so that i can dilute some shampoo also so when i get ready to wash my hair that i can....or have you tried African Prides Braid Spray i think thats suppose to also calm down the itching....

MiWay

Bmoreflyygirl recommended BRX braid spray to me and it worked wonders! I was at a point where I wanted to just rip the weave out of my head, so it was a life saver. Initially, I had to use it twice a day, but after a few days, the itching was almost non-existent. It may be the chemicals in your hair. Quite a few people have recommended that the next time I get a weave, I soak/wash the hair first, to get all the chemicals out. HTH!

Hidden_Angel

msbrown76 said:
Bmoreflyygirl recommended BRX braid spray to me and it worked wonders! I was at a point where I wanted to just rip the weave out of my head, so it was a life saver. Initially, I had to use it twice a day, but after a few days, the itching was almost non-existent. It may be the chemicals in your hair. Quite a few people have recommended that the next time I get a weave, I soak/wash the hair first, to get all the chemicals out. HTH!

OH that helps out a lot.. I have braids and weave all the time and whenever i spray that stuff on it like heaven!:lachen:

glamazon386

Yes, it's normal. Get some African Royal BRX Braid and Extensions spray. It will stop the itching.

ETA: I just saw MsBrown's post. Trust me it works. I've been using it for years. It's just a standard braid spray.

niva

That itching drives me crazy!

I took several weaves out in a day or two because of it. I started using Doo Gro Anti Itch Growth Oil. It really worked for me.