Aubrey Organics Products...

musiclova

Does anybody use AO products? What are your reviews? I'd like to know if anybody uses these as their staples or have been long time users and have had good results over time. I just tried AO GPB and I like it so far. The Honeysuckle Rose Moist. Conditioner is pretty good also. I needed a really good moist. conditioner and since I am transitioning I needed a cond. with lots of slip. I really like the fact that they are all natural so I'd like to stick with it. Can you fill me in?

Allandra

I've been using Aubrey Organics GPB for a few years now. I love it. It's the only protein conditioner my hair needs.

KinksnCurlz

Allandra said:
I've been using Aubrey Organics GPB for a few years now. I love it. It's the only protein conditioner my hair needs.

Ditto... well that and Nexxus Emergencee. HAHAHAHA
I love GPB!

MonaLisa

CaramelHonee said:
Ditto... well that and Nexxus Emergencee. HAHAHAHA
I love GPB!

See...I need to go thread digging again (or wait for Allandra to swoop down) - I could've sworn...trying to remember the extensive thread...was it SuperGirl? - about Emergencee and how it wasn't a protein treatment...how it was some type of polymer treatment.:perplexed

If Emergencee isn't a protein treatment...then it's smoothing the hair...not bonding with the hair then, cause only protein can bond with the hair.

yelp.

MonaLisa

CaramelHonee said:
Say it aint sooo... :(

BENEFITS
  • Stops hair breakage, repairs and strengthens severely damaged hair.
  • Dramatically improves hair’s health, condition and shine.
  • Contains a renewing blend of Polymers, Elastins, Amino Acids and Collagen. (okay, I see Collagen, I think that's protein)
  • Creates an internal framework within the hairshaft to restore integrity.
  • Strengthens internally and externally.
  • Repairs and smoothes damaged cuticle; restores flexibility.
  • Magnifies shine and depth of colour.
  • Improves body and stylability.
  • Acidifies hair, pH 2.5.
  • Excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to all chemical services.
I may have to try this and compare to Aphoghee...as that's the only hard core protein I've used.

Allandra

MonaLisa said:
See...I need to go thread digging again (or wait for Allandra to swoop down) - I could've sworn...trying to remember the extensive thread...was it SuperGirl? - about Emergencee and how it wasn't a protein treatment...how it was some type of polymer treatment.:perplexed

If Emergencee isn't a protein treatment...then it's smoothing the hair...not bonding with the hair then, cause only protein can bond with the hair.

yelp.
Who? What? Me? Huh? :grin: I don't know anything about Emergencee. I don't use hard core protein treatments, just my beloved Aubrey Organics GPB. It's all my hair needs. :)

KinksnCurlz

MonaLisa said:

BENEFITS
  • Stops hair breakage, repairs and strengthens severely damaged hair.
  • Dramatically improves hair’s health, condition and shine.
  • Contains a renewing blend of Polymers, Elastins, Amino Acids and Collagen. (okay, I see Collagen, I think that's protein)
  • Creates an internal framework within the hairshaft to restore integrity.
  • Strengthens internally and externally.
  • Repairs and smoothes damaged cuticle; restores flexibility.
  • Magnifies shine and depth of colour.
  • Improves body and stylability.
  • Acidifies hair, pH 2.5.
  • Excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to all chemical services.
I may have to try this and compare to Aphoghee...as that's the only hard core protein I've used.

Hey MonaLisa :wave:
I've been a hardcore aphogee using since I was a yung'n... and i will tell you that it doesn't even compare to emergencee. Emergencee leaves ur hair soft AND detangled. It's the best treatment (aside from GPB) that i've ever used.

MonaLisa

CaramelHonee said:
Hey MonaLisa :wave:
I've been a hardcore aphogee using since I was a yung'n... and i will tell you that it doesn't even compare to emergencee. Emergencee leaves ur hair soft AND detangled. It's the best treatment (aside from GPB) that i've ever used.

Aiiiiight then! lol. I guess I will be implementing as my hard core substitute for Aphoghee...thanks chica!

Ooh...poor AO product thread being interrupted. Let me get back on track.

I have recently added AO GPB into my protein arsenal. It is now complete.
(I have Keracare/NTM for my moisture)

musiclova

Thanks ladies! Keep em comin'. I feel y'all on the GPB b/c it is a light protein conditioner and I think that is all I need. I think this one is a keeper especially since I am transitioning.