August 2009 Update

Mrs.Green

Just wanted to share my update for August 2009. I've been growing my hair since January of 2008. I went from

This March 2008

http://images38.fotki.com/v1211/photos/1/1321278/6403876/Photo_033108_001-vi.jpg

To August 2009

http://images52.fotki.com/v1565/photos/1/1321278/6403876/IMG00183-vi.jpg

Hope the photos show up~ This is my first time posting pictures in the thread. If not my updates are in my fotki *link in signature*

I know you guys are gonna ask my regimen. I have switched to a 100% Dominican regimen.

Wash with Silicon Mix Pearl shampoo

Deep Condition with Silicon Mix or Baba de Caracol *my new LOVE* :drunk:

Leave in Lacio Lacio for roller sets and wraps and Silicon Mix leave-in for updos and buns.

I have a few other Domincan products on my list to try but these listed here are current favorites and they work VERY WELL for me.

I will continue to seal with coconut oil and Jamaican Black castor oil. I will also use these oils for pre-shampoos/oil rinses.

beans4reezy

Ok girl, you got a sister over here like:

:lick:Gimme that hair
:evil: Nah, wait...I'm JEALOUS!!!
:drool:I'm Drooling!!!
:love: And Finally...I am in love with your hair

All these different emotions!!!

But seriously, You did a Wonderful, Wonderful job with your hair!!! Oh and thanks for the reggie, 'cause you know we were going to ask!

Mrs.Green

Thanks so much ladies for your responses. I get nervous starting threads because you can have 5000 people looking but 12 comments :look:.

I contribute my success to keeping it simple, babying the ends keeping them moisturized to retain the length. I may not protective style as much as I did in the beginning but I still pay attention to the ends, treat your hair like fine silk :yep:

The relaxer I use is Optimum No-Lye regular stregth.

Taina

Your hair looks amazing!!!
Congratulations its grows a lot!!
Have you tryed the Emergencia? I just LOVE it!

*Frisky*

Wonderful progress!!!

Have you used the regular Silicon Mix? How does it compare to the pearl version?

Geminigirl

Wow that's great results. If i didn't know any better I would say that is a lil more than 6inches of growth but I guess it has been over a year for you.

Mrs.Green

Your hair looks amazing!!!
Congratulations its grows a lot!!
Have you tryed the Emergencia? I just LOVE it!

I've never tried the Emergencia~

Wonderful progress!!!

Have you used the regular Silicon Mix? How does it compare to the pearl version?

Yes I use the regular Silicon Mix Deep Conditioner I just use the pearl shampoo. I think the Silicon Mix Pearl Conditioner is more protein where as the regular Silcon Mix is moisturizing protein.

Wow that's great results. If i didn't know any better I would say that is a lil more than 6inches of growth but I guess it has been over a year for you.

It's been about a year and and a half. I swear I have hair anorexia~ My hair doesn't seem that long in real life only on the pictures. Then I take 50 million pictures to be sure I'm not tilting back or what not, making sure I really am the length I'm claiming. LHCF can be brutal if not on point. :lachen:

Dak

I've never tried the Emergencia~
I swear I have hair anorexia~ My hair doesn't seem that long in real life only on the pictures.

I know exactly what you mean! LOL, must be tilting my chin up or something.... Great pics, you'll be low back length soon! Beautiful hair. :yep: