Aubrey Organics GPB users!!

BlkMane

I bought Aubrey's GPB conditioner and have noticed:

1. It looks remarkably like the Island Spice Cream Rinse...Same pearlescent (sp?) cream color.

2. It smells very similar to the Island Spice Cream Rinse...I opened both bottles and smelled...didn't notice a major difference.

3. The ingredients list on my bottle does not exactly match the ingredients list on the Aubrey Organics website. (Even thought my bottle does claim to be a new, improved version or something.)

I bought it at Vitamin Shoppe.

If you use Aubrey's GPB, please respond and let me know if what I have is the real deal or a mis-packaged bottle of Island Spice Cream Rinse.

Thanks.

JenJen2721

My GPB also smells and looks just like the Island Spice CR. I was just telling Jade that a few weeks ago. I think it's the Essential Fatty Acid base they both contain...They do have similar ingredients...

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
My GPB also smells and looks just like the Island Spice CR. I was just telling Jade that a few weeks ago. I think it's the Essential Fatty Acid base they both contain...They do have similar ingredients...

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here.

NYCchild

same here too. but i know its gpb cause it makes my hair kinda hard and i have ta follow up with an extreemly moisturzing cond. after wards.

BlkMane

Oh, okay. I thought maybe I had a bottle of Island Spice rinse packaged as GPB! For some reason I thought GPB was going to have a syrupy consistency.

Thanks for responding!

P.S. The GPB did not seem to make my hair hard at all. I sat under the dryer with it for about 15 minutes. I did follow it with Tropical Avocado though (just in case).

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
The GPB never makes my hair hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it is one of the few protein conditioners that can strengthen and soften at the same time....wonderful!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The GPB never makes my hair hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it is one of the few protein conditioners that can strengthen and soften at the same time....wonderful!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree with that. And the smell is gawwwgus.....

godzooki

I love GPB! I'm in scent heaven when I use it and even more when I use it then follow it with the Aloe and Jojoba condtioner! sssmmmmmm-Ahhhhhh!

melodee

The GPB saved my hair when it was in the middle of a crisis. I had put a faulty hot oil treatment on my hair which caused to the stick together like glue. I hopped back in the shower and with trembling hands I applied Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor--nothing. Then I slather on GPB, and my hair was soft and the "glue" released it's grip from my hair. I will be loyal to GBP forever!!

Kitkat

Hi BlkMane! I'm not familiar with Island Spice CR, but I love GPB. It makes my hair really soft, and even though I don't need to I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. I guess products don't work the same on everyone.

melodee

GPB did it again. I used another conditioner which my hair hated. It began to dry hard and glued together again. Jumped back in the shower and applied GPB. Soft again. Why do I ever stray???

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
GPB did it again. I used another conditioner which my hair hated. It began to dry hard and glued together again. Jumped back in the shower and applied GPB. Soft again. Why do I ever stray???

[/ QUOTE ]

because you can......
GPB is a hit.............

BlkMane

Since I have a problem with some protein conditioners causing my hair to snap, GPB just might become my STAPLE PROTEIN CONDITIONER since it is so gentle!

BTW, I've also been using Suave Tropical Coconut as a light protein conditioner to detangle my hair after shampooing and it has been working great! It contains silk proteins.
It has replaced Rusk Calm (which was my former "light protein conditioner"). And need I say how much money I'm saving!?

I'm a member of PJ's Anonymous so I'm trying to cut back on buying and using too many different products. Seems like I've found my "PROTEIN" keepers: Aubrey's GPB and Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner.