AVOCADO BUTTER: A Review!!!

Sunshine0801

Hey ladies,

I just tried avocado butter for the first time, and thought I would provide a review on here for those who have yet to try this wonderful stuff.

Well I think I have found my staple butter. :yep: My natural tresses just drank this stuff up. First, I moisturized my hair with my homemade spritz and then sealed my ends with the avocado butter. Once I felt the instant softness, I began applying the avocado butter all over my braids, which only led to more instant-softness! The butter is very creamy, easy to apply, odorless, and just sank into my hair (instead of merely sitting on it).

Now don't get me wrong, my hair wasn't in bad shape moisture-wise before this, but I believe this stuff gave my hair an increased amount of softness that I just wasn't getting with the other butters I was using. I can't keep my hands out of my hair! :drunk:

I will update when I undo my braids to see how this stuff works on my hair when it is "out." That will be the real test. :look: But so far, two thumbs up!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Moroni

Thanks for the review, because I haven't used it yet. Where do you get YOUR avocado butter from? I'm still using fresh avocados!

AsTheCurlzTurns

Thanks for the review, because I haven't used it yet. Where do you get YOUR avocado butter from? I'm still using fresh avocados!

How does the fresh avocados do for your hair? And these are the same avocados you can get at the grocery store, correct?

BTW, you have such beautiful hair :)

ETA: Thanks for the great review Sunshine :)

foxieroxienyc

Thanks for posting this review. Funny thing I was just on my way to the health food store to see if I can find either some avocado butter or mango butter for my hair, then it dawned on me that I had no idea if this was an actual food stuff or hair product that I should be looking for... lol :lachen:

Needless to say I came home to do some research on the boards before making my purchase... lol Thanks for the link.

I'm interested in finding out about real avocado on the hair too... Lol, I have two chillin in the kitchen waiting to be turned into guacamole. :yep::lick:

lilamae

Thanks for posting this review. Funny thing I was just on my way to the health food store to see if I can find either some avocado butter or mango butter for my hair, then it dawned on me that I had no idea if this was an actual food stuff or hair product that I should be looking for... lol :lachen:

Needless to say I came home to do some research on the boards before making my purchase... lol Thanks for the link.

I'm interested in finding out about real avocado on the hair too... Lol, I have two chillin in the kitchen waiting to be turned into guacamole. :yep::lick:

dang foxieroxie, that's one sexy pic in your siggy! are you tryna grow your hair? or pick up somebody on the forum?:lachen:

foxieroxienyc

LOl no I'm just oober obsessed with self photographs, lol. I was bored.:lachen::grin: No I have a body challenge for myself as well, so that shape you see will have at least 8-9% less body fat come April and be on stage for a regional fitness competition.

Moroni

How does the fresh avocados do for your hair? And these are the same avocados you can get at the grocery store, correct?

BTW, you have such beautiful hair :)

ETA: Thanks for the great review Sunshine :)

I mix an avocado and coconut milk overnight prepoo weekly. I find that it moisturizes my hair while strengthening it at the same time. I also love the results I get with avocado and coconut milk in my henna mix. My hair hates hard protein, so the vegetable proteins from avocado, coconut milk and Aveda DR help my hair tremendously.

I think it's Candy_C who turned me on to the avocados.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Wow that sounds great!!! Thanks so much for letting me know, because obviously them avocados must be gold, for you to be rawkin some beautiful tresses!