baby hairs and balding spots

Qetesh

Hi all i am new to the site so excuse me if this has been done b4.

I have always had VERY thin hair at my temple on each side. Its nearly bald I think it has gotten worse over the years. Its always kinda been my hairline but I REALLY want to grow this out. I am thinking of getting some MTG (sp?) but it kinda scares me that its for farm animals. Its bad enough for me where I feel self conscious if I pull my hair straight back. :cry3: The thing is my hair is long everywhere else, its jus those two temple spots, my mom has it so its obvious where I get it from. its bad enought that a hairdresser once asked me if i was recovering from apoclcia (sp) its not that its "bald but its very fine baby hairs, ill post a pic in this when i get home to show the example.... :ohwell:

Any suggestions on how to make this never been properly grown b4 hair grow again,

I plan on seeing a dermatologist but I gotta wait till I get married for the health insurance...

Sparker65

Girl, you just described my head.:lol: I have been using MTG off and on since Feb, 2006 and one side of my head is completely filled in. The other side is slowing filling in, but I sleep on that side so it's quite thin. The MTG will help and lately I have been using it twice a day. I mix mine with peppermint oil, rosemary oil, and Wonder 8 oil. I did notice once I stopped using it, my temples started getting thin again. I have had this problem since I was a little girl. I used to get teased a lot, so I know how you feel. My dad and grandmother have thin temples and so does my son. Try the MTG and good luck to you.

Qetesh

tooshorthair said:
Girl, you just described my head.:lol: I have been using MTG off and on since Feb, 2006 and one side of my head is completely filled in. The other side is slowing filling in, but I sleep on that side so it's quite thin. The MTG will help and lately I have been using it twice a day. I mix mine with peppermint oil, rosemary oil, and Wonder 8 oil. I did notice once I stopped using it, my temples started getting thin again. I have had this problem since I was a little girl. I used to get teased a lot, so I know how you feel. My dad and grandmother have thin temples and so does my son. Try the MTG and good luck to you.

Seriously this works for you, so you only apply it on those areas?
I am going to have to buy some and see if it doesn’t help me I would be ESTATIC if I could get that hair to grow out. I had the feeling that I am just cursed with this hairline and that’s I would have to live with it forever.

ChocoKitty

I second the suggestion for MTG! I use MTG in additon to Surge (New Improved Formula) Nioxin is wonderful also. I hope things work out for you. Stay encouraged. :)

Qetesh

trimbride said:
I started a thicken up your hairline challenge. Checkout my photos to see my results. The left side had the best results. Good Luck!!!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=89518&highlight=Hairline

wow i can see those results and they look GOOD!!

i am going to have to start up myself if i could grow my hair out AND thicken my hairline by my wedding date that would make my wedding even that much better.

i would join but it seems like its over ... i plan on ordering some products tonight and taking my before photos *crosses fingers

Sparker65

Qetesh said:
Seriously this works for you, so you only apply it on those areas?
I am going to have to buy some and see if it doesn’t help me I would be ESTATIC if I could get that hair to grow out. I had the feeling that I am just cursed with this hairline and that’s I would have to live with it forever.

Actually, I apply it all over my head, but I make sure I hit the temples twice a day. My right side has thickened up nicely but my left side grows slow and is much thinner. The baby hair grows slower than the "other" hair. One thing I need to stop doing is picking at my sides. When my nerves are bad, I find myself picking at my sides. A really bad nervous habit I picked up years ago. I think if I leave the sides alone, it would grow faster. MTG is the bomb!!

OT: Trimbride, you sides look great. I need to implement your regimine.

Last edited:

Radianthealth

I did the challenge pretty informally it isn't over, you can join, ask questions, and put in your own suggestions about what works for you.

Qetesh

trimbride said:
I did the challenge pretty informally it isn't over, you can join, ask questions, and put in your own suggestions about what works for you.

alright i am new, so all i do is post in the thread to join? and then keep track of my regimine ext ?

Qetesh

MizaniMami said:
Why don't you massage them everynight with some essential oils and castor oil?

i am going to try that, since i already have the stuff, i put together some caster oil (carrier oil) , rosemary, spearmint/ eucalyptus, and tea tree essential oils i read they were good for hair growth with the caster i massaged it into my balding spots last night and i plan on doing this ever night and possibly after work or in the morning.

so hopefully ill see some results, i took some pics but i am too embarrased to post them yet, mayb when i have time to blot out my face...:ohwell: