BaByliss Pro Thermal Ionic Rollabout Dryer

mg1979

I was thinking of ordering the BaByliss Pro Thermal Ionic Rollabout Dryer from Sally Beauty Supply for $99. Anyone own one? How is it for the price? Cause I just can't afford a Pibbs.

babyu21

I am so glad OP started this thread. I've been looking into purchasing one from Sally's and I have a coupon that I hope I can use on it. I really want a Pibbs but that is just not in the budget this month. I looked into several other dryers but none were rated as high as the Babyliss.

ETA: You can't use the coupon with the dryer. I put everything in my shopping cart, logged in and added the coupon code and it wasn't valid with the dryer. :sad:

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i checked the price.with 20% off and shipping i might as well get a salonsrus for just a few dollars more.:ohwell:

eta i see that salonsrus doesnt sell the stand up dryer any more:angry2: so i guess this is the nest best thing. there are a few cheaper ones on ebay.

Last edited:

mg1979

I am so glad OP started this thread. I've been looking into purchasing one from Sally's and I have a coupon that I hope I can use on it. I really want a Pibbs but that is just not in the budget this month. I looked into several other dryers but none were rated as high as the Babyliss.

ETA: You can't use the coupon with the dryer. I put everything in my shopping cart, logged in and added the coupon code and it wasn't valid with the dryer. :sad:

@babyu21 & simplycee: Try using this code: 555914

maxineshaw

i checked the price.with 20% off and shipping i might as well get a salonsrus for just a few dollars more.:ohwell:

eta i see that salonsrus doesnt sell the stand up dryer any more:angry2: so i guess this is the nest best thing. there are a few cheaper ones on ebay.

I was thinking that I would not advise someone to purchase a hair dryer on eBay...then I remembered that I actually sold my Pibbs via that site a few months back.:lol:

MilkChocolateOne

don't do it, I have had two of them. They work well but the base of the hood, where it attached to the pole cracked on both of mine.

mg1979

Does anyone know if there's another stand up dryer in the same price range? Pibbs is way over my budget.

FocusLady

Elite Ionic Tourmaline Rollabout Dryer> loud
http://www.sallybeauty.com/tourmaline-rollabout-dryer/SBS-255530,default,pd.html

http://www.probeauty-supply.com/electrical-appliances-hard-hat-rollabout-dryer-c-73_209.html

I don't have a rollabout dryer but I really want one. SO said and I quote "Why you want that? Regular people don't have those in their house". :ohwell::perplexedI can't stand him. I want to know how you store the dryer. My 1 bd apt is very small and I don't have closest or corner space.

fivetimestwo

I got one last Christmas and have been using it regularly ever since. I have no complaints-I'm pleased with it. I don't store mine, I have a corner that I leave it in and I sit there with it.

crystal6002

Same here - I've had mine for about a year. I just put it in the corner after I'm finished. No problems at all! I love it!

ChristmasCarol

I've had mine for about a year - it works well. I thought I wanted a Pibbs, but this dryer is pretty good, so I can't justify the extra cost.

I store it in a spare bedroom, but it can easily fit into a large closet.

ManeStreet

So are you all using it for rollersets? How do you rate it for doing rollersets? Is the drying time good? Does it dry your hair evenly? Can your head fit under it comfortably with large rollers? Thanks.

Leesh

I wouldn't mind trying this one, but my head is size Extra Large and I don't think that I could fit my dome anddd the Grey Rollers underneath, without having to wait till the top is dry, then remove those so I can fit the rest up under. (Don't Laugh) :grin:

Anyone else in my Big-Headed Predicament who owns one? I would like to know how it works for you!

mg1979

Magnolia85: Sorry for the delay in responding. I only use mine to deep condition. I use it 1-4 times a month. I've never owned a dryer before other than a hand held so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it does work for me. The high setting gets way hot, so I use it on medium. I only put iron low when I feel like I'm getting hot under medium. If I had known what a steamer was when I bought this, I probably would've purchased one of those instead just because I only use it to dc and I have low porosity.

Last edited: