Ionic Blow Dryers

Candy_C

^^ Hey gurls! this is my new blow dryer! its ionic, has 5 different heat AND speed setting and is 2000w...the bonus? it even has a PIK! CAN U BELIEVE IT! an ionic dryer with a pik...well i was amazed anyway.i chose this one out of the babyliss straightening blowdryer...well i'm so glad i looked b4 i spent, the teeth of the babyliss are SOOO CLOSE TOGETHER, looks like it had BLADES in it too!

I hear about the moisture and shine qualities Ionic dryers have because of the negetive ions...i also hear its a quicker drying time.

but anyway, my question is, do u own a ionic dryer?
how has this differed from a normal one on your hair?

HoneyDew

I own one. An Andis Ionic ceramic 1875w dryer but I am looking into the Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Styler - SD6I because of the size of it (smaller and lighter).

The biggest difference I feel is with my ends. My regular dryer seems to make my ends feel kinda rough and it does not make my hair as straight.

My ionic ceramic dryer straightens my hair better and makes it fell soft.

I am not sure it drys that much faster, though. I cannot really tell a difference in the time spent drying my hair, but we'll see over time. I have only had the Ionic one for a month or so.

My ionic ceramic flat iron gives similar results.

Candy_C

HoneyDew said:
Also, mine came with a pik, a diffuser and a concentrator.

ooh, u got all the goodies too!

this ionic thing sounds good! i haven't exactly researched into the science of it. yeh that rough feeling is a pain

Tene

I have a ionic dryer with comb attachment. It's so much better than using a regular dryer. With a regular my hair would feel and look dry. My hair comes out nice and soft with the ionic dryer.

*Frisky*

I have been eyeballing these for awhile because roller setting my hair all the time is nerve racking sometimes...would anyone care to share how much these dryers are costing...TIA

Candy_C

oooh, i used the yahoo answer service for some scientific explanations..heres what i got:

toppa t
52 minutes ago

13 day(s) left to answer.
What are the scientific benefits on hair with an ionic blowdryer?
I've recently bought one, and i hear it keeps moisture in, helps hait to shine etc...but why? whats the logic behind??

Additional Details

Answers

2LTgrl51
35 minutes ago

Report Abuse
Using a ionic blow-bryer or curling iron is better for your hair because it's healthier for your hair. It doesn't burn your hair out and make your hair dry out and start breaking. Ionic hair products do keep moisture in, and they keep your hair much healthier than with a regular heated curling iron.

Source(s):

After my hair was damaged with regular curling iron, I invested in ionic products and my hair is healthier than ever.

danskecat
23 minutes ago

Report Abuse
Ionic blowdryers are made out of tourmaline jewels (minerals imported from Japan) that gives the most negative ions and super fast operating infrared heat technology to get the smoothest, healthiest, shiniest hair. These blowdryers are ultra light and dry hair 2 x faster than regular dryers.

Source(s):

stylist.