Babyliss root straightener and my new cut **Pics**

likewtr4chklit

Ok so I'm almost 8 months into my transition, and my damaged ends were driving me nuts. I knew I wasn't ready to BC yet, but something had to be done. So on v-day I did my regular shikakai/amla/brahmi tea rinse and DC'd with Joico K-pak Moisture. I decided to use my heat pass to blow dry (conair Ion Shine) and Flat-Iron (babyliss root straightener and Gold-N-Hot 2" ceramic). I put some CHI Silk Infusion in my hair before I blew out in sections using a regular Goody detangling/straightening brush......

So then I go the babyliss started while I put my hair in sections. I initially set it on 400 and then bumped it up to 450.

I wasn't bowled over by the babyliss because it has straightening comb properties, meaning I wasn't able to give myself a nice bump at the ends with it. But I do like the fact that I could get really close to my scalp and not burn myself.

So I plugged in my old gold-n-hot and got my scissors. Here's one half of my head done

And here's the finished product

Tis all :lachen:

MizzBrown

Looks good!

How much Chi did you put in your hair? You applied to sections or just rubbed a good amount all over?

I'm so scared of heat damage.

likewtr4chklit

Looks good!

How much Chi did you put in your hair? You applied to sections or just rubbed a good amount all over?

I'm so scared of heat damage.

I used a quarter sized amount before I blow-dried, and a quarter sized amount before I flat ironed. I just combed it through both times.

Babylilac

Wow Wow Wow your hair is lucious.When I opened this thread DH asked whether your hair was a weave:grin::grin::grin:.Happy growing:yep::yep::yep:

Tee

You did an awesome job. Your hair looks so healthy after the cut. The color is beautiful! That is all henna???? <--The color?

Liberianmami26

nice it came out great i used my heat pass too last monday cuz i had an interview it came out good forgot to wrap tuesday night and wednesday it was a mess so it was back under a cap till wash day. hope urs lasts longer

likewtr4chklit

You did an awesome job. Your hair looks so healthy after the cut. The color is beautiful! That is all henna???? <--The color?

Well before I did the henna treatment my ends were a light brown, so the henna just added some red undertones to it.

yuriko

Dang, your hair looks good. I am currently saving for a root straightener can quite decide if I want the the babybliss one or the R session tools one. Maybe I should just get this one, good job!

SilentRuby

Wow :trampolin

Your hair turned out great :grin: What method did you use to cut your hair, it looks so professional.

blackbarbie

You did a great job on everything! You are pretty brave to do your cut but it turned out very nicely. Love the color too!

BB

frizzy

Your cut and color look fabulous! :yep:
I was gonna get in you **** about "450 degrees", but since you are using a heat pass, you already know the ills of heat, so imma let you go... :lachen: