Bald Spots, Thin Spots

chicha

Has anyone used Emu Oil on bald spots or areas of the scalp that we thin and see thru? Wondering if it makes them grow in fast.

If Emu Oil didn't work, please share what did! :yep:

LdyKamz

For my edges that were nearly bald I upped my moisture and massaged with castor oil (sometimes with lisa's elixir from Carols Daughter) and they were filled in in about 3 weeks.

MsChelle

I use JBCO on my nape and edges. Me edges have always been thinnner but they are actually doing great now. My nape has done so much better than I ever expected as well. It is actually thick now.

Last edited:

locabouthair

I've heard got good results with JBCO.

Are the spots due to tension? Are you taking any medication or have any illnesses that may cause hair loss. You may need to go to a derm.

chicha

I've heard got good results with JBCO.

Are the spots due to tension? Are you taking any medication or have any illnesses that may cause hair loss. You may need to go to a derm.

@locabouthair Not from tension but female pattern baldness. The female version of male pattern baldness. It causes diffused thinning and bald spots. Its slowed up shedding now I need to regrow the balding spots or rather the areas that have thinned so much at the scalp that they are smooth.

The culprit is a hormone called dht. This also affects people with PCOS and after child birth will thin temples and cause hair loss from hormonal imbalance.

CurlsBazillion

there are some shampoos that get rid of the dht on your scalp that causes hair loss. I don't remember brand names but I think its worth looking into. I have a huge thin spot but that was from a "skilled" hair stylist giving me a touch up (back in my relaxed days).

Evolving78

MegaTek worked wonders the two stress spots i had. i recently had a reaction to some hair color and it left me with a spot. i have been using MT/massaging with castor oil and that spot has filled in.

chicha

Ok. I've been reading about the mega tek thing. Only it will cause shedding so I think I'll pass right now. Thanks anyway.

JFK

I read on here (LHCF) that Nizoral shampoo gets rid of the DHT build-up. You can buy the 1% version over the counter or the 2% stronger version with a prescription.

QBOE2001

Just a word of caution...nizoral tends to make your hair feel hard so make sure if you use it you try to concentrate the application on the scalp and not the hair as much as possible.

chicha

QBOE2001 you got that right! It's very difficult to use. I have to work with it. But it's the only topical known to get rid of dht on the scalp. So I have no choice.

QBOE2001 and JFK have either of you used the 2% strength? How did you combat the dryness?

QBOE2001

I use the 2% and the only thing that I found that works to combat the dryness is DC'ing with SE mega olive with a couple of tblsp of olive oil added for a few hours....anything else and my hair is a matted mess!

chicha

@QBOE2001
For a few hours, you are right. Because it causes such a hard time for my hair. The shorter hair it actually gets alot of split ends. I have to search for them and cut to avoid constant splitting up the hair shaft.

I may have to try the olive oil input.

To help I dc before shampooing to help things out. It helps alot.

Evolving78

Ok. I've been reading about the mega tek thing. Only it will cause shedding so I think I'll pass right now. Thanks anyway.

i haven't had any problems with it. i only use it one spot. i massage it into my scalp with a little bit of oil. i use it a couple times a week. what works for some, might not work for others. someone just had amazing progress growing back their edges using it.

you can also use a tea rinse during wash day to combat the shedding if it does occur.

JFK

No, I haven't used 2% or the OTC version. I bought it OTC but haven't tried it yet.