Banana Clip *OFFICILLY back on the radar* Pic Included!

Mook's hair

:grin: Thank you "MsDee4" :grin: I read your Banana Clip thread yesterday and Went to the BSS to buy some banana clips. I got a great 3 for $1 deal these are actually very sturdy.

I was concerned because I have thick hair and even moreso right now because I'm 8 weeks post.

Any-hooo. I'm on a NO direct heat regimen presently so, I co-whased & deep conditioned last night and did a twist out with the banana clip. I love it. As soon as I walked into work this morning my coworker said she loved it too. Whooo-Hoo. Here's the PIC. I think I'm gonna change my siggy to this.

I haven't worn one of these since 1987

Other than my normal cornrows. I 'm gonna make this my protective style of choice. Buns kinda scare me because I've experienced some breakage in the past from the ponytail tension.

Last edited:

imstush

hahahaha I started using these about a month ago...and I do the same style as you!:) I love them, I always thought they were old school looking, but I am trying to get away from the "traditional" ponytail holders.

kandi1280

Mook's hair said:
:grin: Thank you "MsDee4" :grin:I read your Banana Clip thread yesterday and Went to the BSS to buy some banana clips. I got a great 3 for $1 deal these are actually very sturdy.

I was concerned because I have thick hair and even moreso right now because I'm 8 weeks post right now.

Any-hooo. I'm on a NO direct heat regimen right now so I co-whased & deep conditioned last night and did a twist out with the banana clip. I love it. As soon as I walked into work this morning my coworker said she loved it too. Whooo-Hoo. Here's the PIC. I think I'm gonna change my siggy to this.

I haven't worn one of these since 1987

Other than my normal cornrows. I 'm gonna make this my protective style of choice. Buns kinda scare me because I've experienced some breakage in the past from the ponytail tension.

Mook it looks great! I have a B clip and my styles never come out this cute. I'm going to go home and pratice a little more. The way your hair came out, I've just got to try.

***Toy-Pisces***

This is VERY CUTE!!! I like the mowhawk style. The banana clips are much easier to utilize than the hair pins for this style. Again, very cute and chic!

JazzyDez

Very Cute!

I was thinking about doing a mohawk style with curls kinda like yours but going up a little higher to the front of my head but I would have used heat and the twistout sounds like a better idea!

e$h

That is too cute Mook! The twist out really does something for it. I will be trying this banana clip sooner than I thought. I don't recall having any luck with it waaaay back in the day, but we'll see....

Mook's hair

Thanks for all the love.
Let me share the twistout I did. Dang I should've taken a picture.:confused: but I wasn't even sure it would come out too good.

Again...I'm 8 weeks post. And the super thickness is all up in my roots.

After I airdried. I parted my hair down the middle. and sprayed both sides with African Royale Braid spray. I think I did about 7 twists on each half of my head. As I twisted, I moisturized each very well with CON Tea Tree & Aloe Cream Hairdress because my hair was feeling really dry and a little crunchy.

When I finished all the twists I sealed each one with WGO. I used 5 pink flexi rods and end papers. I grouped about 3 or four twists into one end paper and rolled it on 1 of the small sized flexi rods. Almost all the way up to my scalp.:confused: Again, I wish I had a pic.

In the morning I removed the rods & twists. separated with my fingers. I did have to grab my shower comb to fluff out the parts a little but I didn't even try to stick the comb in these Roots.

I grabbed the top half of my hair into a pony tail in my hand as I scooped up the rest of it in the banana clip. Then I kinda let some hair go a littlebit at a time as I closed the clip. And that's it.

The clip is not right next to my scalp (that would be impossible without flat ironing this NG. The clip is kinda poofed up and I didn't try to smooth anything out I just made sure the parts were closed up and that's it!

Thanks again MsDee4.

Chanel's Tresses

Very pretty:) . I got a banana clip yesterday and last night I put my hair in two bantu knots and put the clip in this morning. I will post pics tonight when I get home. I will probably try doing about 6-8 knots tongiht on dry hair with a little of my daily spray (vatika, carrot oil, evoo, and infusium) on the ends. I will let you guys know how it goes. Oh yeah I used elasta qp mango butter on edges. I love this stuff

Last edited:

neenzmj

Well, now here I go off to the store to purchase yet another hair item! And I thought I was so over my PJ-ism.

That is too cute!

Missi

This style has helped me pass shoulder length: I like to rollerset my hair and comb back into two pigtails: and then I'll roll my ends in rollers: after I take them down I pull them up into a banana clips: unfortunately it was humid out and my hair fell.

Chanel's Tresses

Chanel's Tresses said:
Very pretty:) . I got a banana clip yesterday and last night I put my hair in two bantu knots and put the clip in this morning. I will post pics tonight when I get home. I will probably try doing about 6-8 knots tongiht on dry hair with a little of my daily spray (vatika, carrot oil, evoo, and infusium) on the ends. I will let you guys know how it goes. Oh yeah I used elasta qp mango butter on edges. I love this stuff

Here is my go at the bannana clip! Thanks MsDee4 wonderful style with hardly any work. No heat either.

jayjaycurlz

Wow, see fads really do come back in style! I love the twist-out look. I'm going to try this out this weekend!