New Neck Length Bob on Natural Hair! (photographic evidence included, of course, lol)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
So last week, I was nearing APL once again(been there, chopped that), but i hated it...my hair looked shapeless and my ends weren't pretty. so i went and got a trim, and got my layers shaped.
hairstuff229-1.jpg

it didn't work. i was still bored. so before i knew it, i hopped on the bus and was headed to Salon H20 (yes, a random white salon i found on the innanet :grin:) and got a neck length bob. i also rinsed my hair darker a few days ago, which looks all glossy and nice, but i'm tired of it. i'll soon (likely tomorrow) be coloring it back to my normal reddish blonde-fits me better.

hairstuff254-1.jpg

hairstuff251.jpg

hairstuff260.jpg

hairstuff257.jpg

one of my friends was like, u gonna relax now, right?? um hayell naw...then what would i do when i wake up and my wrap looks busted?? i need the option of a wash and go.
tried a twistout last night...i LOVE the shape of it.
hairstuff263.jpg

hairstuff271-1.jpg

hairstuff273.jpg

i'm so happy!! my reasoning??
-eventually, i want BSL natural hair. i wanted to experience short hair first. i've been between SL and APL my whole life, so this is new and fun, fun, fun!:grin::grin:
-i needed a cute shape!!! my twistouts were all looking busted because of the shapelessness. my stylist reassured me that this would grow out quite nicely. :yep:
-i need an excuse to buy new products...:look:
-i have some serious TWA envy. this satisfies that need for short looking hair (gotta love shrinkage:grin:) without being too dramatic.

can't wait to see what my family says when i go home for spring break next week!! :grin:
hairstuff229.jpg

Re: New Neck Length Bob on Natural Hair! (photographic evidence included, of course,

I really like the cut!

Re: New Neck Length Bob on Natural Hair! (photographic evidence included, of course,

bumping...:look:

Very cute!! :yep:

Love the twist out too!!! Can't wait for my hair to even get bob length!!

Soooo cute!!! Do you girl!! Tons of length is worthless if you're not happy with how you look. My hair is APL curly but totally needing a revival shape-wise so I go for my Devacurl haircut on Saturday. I'm not taking a lot off, but I neeed the shape, so I fully understand where you're coming from.

Could you be any dang cuter? I love it straight and natural- the cut looks great on you. Your twists are pretty too.

LOVE it!! And that twist out is awesome. LOVE the shape.

I looove the cut with natural hair. It's striking :yep:

oooh - it's too cute!! I love the layers and the shape is great! The twistout is lovely!

I like it also...and it's good you're getting in your short hair experience now.
And will be able to grow a full thick head of hair later. Cause it should grow back nice and healthy and FAST now.

Wow it looks absolutely beautiful......that said No more sizza fo you! :naughty: :spank:.....:giggle:

I thought your almost APL hair was cute with healthy looking ends....but I feel you on wanting to experience short hair.....but next time when you wanna experience a fierce short cut....get a weave or a wig you get to enjoy the look and keep all the versatility:yep:

I love your reddish blonde hair and your current color now too....one day I'll have the bravery to color like you do:grin:

Wow it looks absolutely beautiful......that said No more sizza fo you! :naughty: :spank:.....:giggle:

I thought your almost APL hair was cute with healthy looking ends....but I feel you on wanting to experience short hair.....but next time when you wanna experience a fierce short cut....get a weave or a wig you get to enjoy the look and keep all the versatility:yep:

I love your reddish blonde hair and your current color now too....one day I'll have the bravery to color like you do:grin:
:lachen:I'm done now, I promise...and i've had the same cut in weaves before...just not the same....and my guy can't run his fingers through without stumbling on a track :grin:
girl, you need to put those big girl panties on and just go on and color if you want to!! :giggle:

Your twist out looks great on your bob!

You have really toned arms too!

/\ Leave me and my wimpyness regarding color alone!:giggle:

I get my fix via my beloved crochet braids for now but when I reach my goal length....I'm gonna color and be sure to baby my hair more.

Love it!!!! So what will you do to achieve this look on your own? Just blowdry and flatiron?

Love it!!!! So what will you do to achieve this look on your own? Just blowdry and flatiron?
that WAS on my own-i styled the hair that you see in the pics :grin:
i immediately washed, DC'ed, and styled (blowdry and flatiron) when i got home because she used too much product and my hair was weighed down-not cute at all.

likely, i will be rollersetting and just flatironing the roots from now on...i've been stalking your and other ladies' videos..:grin:

Last edited:

It's lovely! :yep:

Did they cut it when it was dry and straight?

Very nice. :grin: I may follow with the color and cut. I'm tired of these ends.

I love all of your hairstyles. The Bob is my favorite.

You seemed bored out of your mind and the only thing that could give you a quick fix was to cut and color that hair!!:whyme:

We're going to have to schedule you a playdate with someone nearby :club:

thats really cute. i love your twistout. ♥

Very pretty. I love the cut and the twistout. :yep:

lovely hair and your a beauty
icon7.gif

I love it! And that twistout is pretty. Hmm you're giving me ideas..

Beautiful! I love your twistout.

I love the cut! And the shape of your twistout :)

Back