Bantu Knots 1st Try (Pics Inside)

PrincessLinzz

Hi Ladies,

I was bored and wanted to try the whole bantu knots thing for the first time before I co-washed my hair on Sunday. The results are really cool (thanks, lhcf) I liked the wave but it wasn't long until my hair fell straight

I think I did them right. Only question I have for you bantu knotters is how long are you suppose to leave them in knots and should you spray something on them before they are loosened so the wave stays in (mine didn't after an hour)?

I really only put stuff in my hair when its in twists or a wash and go, never when my hair is blown straight. Anything you could recommend for holding purposes that won't make my hair weighed down or greasy? Thanks!

2 pics in knots, 2 pics loosened knots and 1 pic loosened knot pony tail.

Attachments

• bantu knots.jpg
    bantu knots.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 61
  • bantu knots 2.jpg
    bantu knots 2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 59
  • bantu knots out.jpg
    bantu knots out.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 62
  • bantu out 2.jpg
    bantu out 2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 59
  • bantu knot pony tail.jpg
    bantu knot pony tail.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 51

PrincessLinzz

Can ANYONE suggest something I can use for holding purposes when I twist it out so it won't fall straight so fast) that won't make my hair weighed down or greasy?

Anyone?:perplexed

*Girlie Girl*

Can ANYONE suggest something I can use for holding purposes when I twist it out so it won't fall straight so fast) that won't make my hair weighed down or greasy?

Anyone?:perplexed
I use Silk Elements mousse. It provides hold and has no alchol in it. I got mine from Sally's. HTH.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Aloe vera gelly or Qhemet's Honey Bush tea gel are good for hold for my hair. Also some people use bobby pins to hold the knots in place. I've mostly seen bantu knots done on wet or damp hair. HTH.

sharifeh

Your hair is really beautiful and the waves look great! I don't have any product recommendations per se, but my sister uses the organix coconut milk mousse for her styles and she loves it and it smells great!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Oops I forgot to say your hair looks beautiful. I was really focused on trying to be helpful.

PrincessLinzz

Thanks, ladies. I really like the effect of the knot out. Although I was called corkscrew head last night as I walked around my house.
I used to use a deep waver that was VERY hot, would smoke and you could smell me using it from another room.

I think this is a healthier alternative! :)

Heading to the bss...Thanks again!!