• Stick with ORS

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I just finished my ORS hair mayo. I'm not impressed with the new formula so I'm looking to branch out. Which hair mayo/cholesterols do you suggest?

Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol. It's moisturizing, detangling, and it smells good!

I just finished my ORS hair mayo. I'm not impressed with the new formula so I'm looking to branch out. Which hair mayo/cholesterols do you suggest?

really? I just ordered some. :ohwell:

I love lekair, but I was trying to see if there is anything is better. I plan to to try lustrasilk next. I personally think lekair is better than hollywood beauty. I was hoping either ORS or Lustrasilk were next on the totem pole.

Been using Queen Helene forever! I like to use the one with placenta and panthenol. Just recently bought a bottle of the liquid cholesterol, so we'll see how that goes!

I've been using ORS with good results for about the past year:grin:. I have used Lekair before but that was a while back so I don't remember the results...

Lekair Shea butter is my top choice, although kinda hard to find for me. Queen Helene is also the business.

Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol.

And I've seen posters here rave about the Silk Elements Cholesterol and the Silk Elements Mayo. I personally haven't tried either one though. But if they're anything like the Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing treatment, then :lick:. Both are on my list to try though, once I run out of my current Mayo and Cholesterols.

I use Lustrasilk and Queen Helene Super Cholesterols, I love both of them and combine both of them and it makes my hair strong. I love all of the Lustrasilks, but I only use Queen Helene Super Cholesterol.

Last month I made a mistake and brought lustrasilk herbal cholesterol and hated it. I was using lekair when I first started my hair journey and I can't remember if I liked it. My stylist told me that cholesterol only coats the hair and does nothing is that true?

I've used just about every cholesterol formula and I like Lekair Cholesterol Plus the best. It's one of the only dc's that make all of my hair strands actually feel stronger.

I'm gonna cosign with the Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol. :yep:
Weirdly, my relaxed hair hates it, but my new growth is obsessed with it. I like to add some EVOO to it with a little bit of honey, and it works even better.

Wella cholesterol is the best IMO, I've tried others and they don't leave my hair soft like Wella does.

Another for Silk Elements. I love it! It just sucks to have to go all the way to Sallys to get it.

ORS mayo is nice too. I have Lekair but honestly don't see whats so great about it.

OP, can you elaborate on the new ORS Mayo formula? ...e.g. why you don't like it, how the forumla is different, etc. I'm doing my monthly hair product haul soon for the month of November (Yes, total PJ :drunk:), and I was going to pick this up. I remember it working just fine before when I used it a few years ago.

I chose Other, because unfortunately I can't recall trying the other options, just the ORS Mayonnaise. I will say that I was doing well with Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream; it worked just fine for my hair. With heat, it leaves the hair impressively soft and stronger feeling with one use. However, I was never impressed with the ingredients. I have since stopped using it by reason of wanting to try new products. I am now on the lookout for a quality cholesterol deep conditioner.

INGREDIENTS: Water Aqua , Stearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Mineral Oil , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cholesterol , Lanolin , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Disodiium EDTA , FD&C Yellow No. 5 CI No. 19140 , FD&C Yellow No. 6 CI No. 15985 , FD&C Red No. 40 CI No. 16035 , D&C Red No. 33 CI No. 17200

Somehow the ingredients, though appearing subpar, managed to benefit my hair. And it's nothing to re-stock on this product, because it's roughly under $5.

All I've tried out of the options is ORS and I like it a lot, but now that you say they have a new formula I'm a bit worried! :S

Back