BC & LENGTH RETENTION

Less money ....ey that depends if youre a product junkie... natural or not you can end up spending a lot especially when all your products that you use to use when you were relaxed doesnt work on your natural hair. It happend to me the first time I chopped I bought so much useless products and jumped on bandwagons which didnt help either, I ended up spending wayyyy to much .

I could use less product and save money, get to see which my hair likes, get to see my natural texture....

UGH :sad:

My 2 cents.........I thought I'd have a long transition however after an almost 10 mo transition I called my friend up to chop it (5/3/08) My natural hair once washed and conditioned was alot longer than i thought 4-6 in. Its only been a couple of weeks, and I don't have a TWA....i'm more like a TA........The greatest feeling is that I feel free....I never understood the meaning but I do now MY natural hair is easier to take care of, uses less product, and tangles less......I say to whomever is teetering on the edge, go for it....it just makes it easier for you to get used to your natural hair, the hair that god blessed you with.

:seesaw:

Oh my.
The best time to cut it is now because I can wear a scarf to cover it anyways..

But I dont look right with short hair...
Never had short hair
I look and feel more attractive with long hair
...BUT! Ive been bunning almost everyday anyways so...

Omg this is tough.

Yes... I am for the same reasons GOINGNATURAL said...
I transitioned for a year... it's summer... it's hot... I just kind
of want to wash and go... I am bored with buns everyday...
I am seriously considering the BC now and my relaxed ends
are just :nono: compared to my natural hair. IDK IDK

Well, I can say that I DEFINITELY understand!!! Buns are getting real old...keep us posted on what you decide. I know your natural hair will be FABULOUS :yep: :hug2:

Well, I can say that I DEFINITELY understand!!! Buns are getting real old...keep us posted on what you decide. I know your natural hair will be FABULOUS :yep::hug2:

The twa or ta can get old too.
sigh. Idk!

anyone out there with long heads and a TWA that can post a picture?

Wow! So you've been through this before, eh? Cool! Perhaps we can be transitioning buddies! When was your last relaxer?

Yep. :yep: Last time I BC'd at almost 4 months post to have a TWA, so I didn't transition for very long. The TWA was cute, but after that it was a few months of not so cute hair on me.

Girl, I just started my transistion. I am only 8 weeks post, so I only have just over an inch of NG.:ohwell: I just keep prepping myself for the long haul feeding myself mantras to stay in the transition for the long haul without the BC: "You can do it. There are others who are doing it and have done it without the BC. Remember what that round hair looked like on your round head.":lachen: It wasn't until my hair was shoulder length and my hair started to grow down instead of out, that I liked my natural hair...I figured with the slower growth rate (not preggers) this time that will be around 18 months... I'd love a transition buddy, but you are so far ahead of me...

Yes... I am for the same reasons GOINGNATURAL said...
I transitioned for a year... it's summer... it's hot... I just kind
of want to wash and go... I am bored with buns everyday...
I am seriously considering the BC now and my relaxed ends
are just :nono: compared to my natural hair. IDK IDK
I've only been transitioning for 7 months (can't believe it's been that long). I am so looking forward to doing a wash 'n go.

I give it to anyone who can transition a year or more. I made it 11 months! I feel like everything went so much faster after I BCd. It's been 18 months and now I am BSL and on my way to my ultimate goal of MBL.

I just feel like besides all the work you have to put into your hair when you continue to transition, it just becomes a big tease the longer your hair gets (if it doesnt break off from poor care) and then you have to cut it off. Especially if you started with a lot of hair, and your natural hair has a lot of shrinkage.

I think if you look at a lot of natural's fotki's it seems their hair starts growing like a weed after the BC.

I give it to anyone who can transition a year or more. I made it 11 months! I feel like everything went so much faster after I BCd. It's been 18 months and now I am BSL and on my way to my ultimate goal of MBL.

I just feel like besides all the work you have to put into your hair when you continue to transition, it just becomes a big tease the longer your hair gets (if it doesnt break off from poor care) and then you have to cut it off. Especially if you started with a lot of hair, and your natural hair has a lot of shrinkage.

I think if you look at a lot of natural's fotki's it seems their hair starts growing like a weed after the BC.

Thats what I noticed too so I hope I get tremendous growth. AND ITS SUMMER!??!? I will be doing everything possible to make it hapn.

you can always spice up a twa! i use head bands, flowers, elastic, whatever i can use to make my twa (it used to be now i have a teeny afro) look "stylish" but the twa/ta in itself is stylish

Tru dat yo.

This morning I cut off a big chunk of hair in the middle of my head...
I'm not ready to do the full bc yet
I really want to reach my length goal (MID BACK)
which I hope to reach by April 2009...
so... I'm hiding the scissors for now even though
I have an itch... I'm disciplined

a chunk in the middle??? sorry, st, i am a lil' confused.

i don't want to be discouraging on your quest for mid back, but i think you are on your way to a bc....

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS :lol:

Any way you have a TA or an A not a TWA, with all that hair I saw yesterday...you do not have a TWA girlie girl! :laugh: You started out ahead of the game!

TA status? You think so?
I was surprised at how much Ive grown myself.

:wacky:

Step away from the scissors!:lachen: (I bet your hair is pretty up under there, tho-:yep:)

TA status? You think so?
I was surprised at how much Ive grown myself.
:wacky:

ITA-TA, definitely! :yep: you could make a nice puff

At least you have that lil chunk to see how it progresses. Good luck Hon with your journey.

i think BC is so much easier to me, people always comment on how "brave" i was for cutting, i say the girls who go through hell transitioning are brave. dealing with two textures didnt bother me cause i had a goal in mind. but i just said *** this! and cut! never been happier.

the natural new hair is coming in at the same rate while transitioning or after the BC

its just you see it more after the cut

but its not technically growing any faster out of your scalp

i'm struggling...next month will make a year that i have been transitioning and even though i told myself i would not BC until at least july i feel the urge to cut halfway through june, or even NOW some days. the only reason i haven't so far is because last time scissors went to my hair was out of necessity after a bad weave...now it's like a pseudo-phobia or something.

and now i've been thinking about it everyday...ohhh the thought of a WNG makes me warm inside. but it would throw my goal of returning to school full APL impossible...

:perplexed

It's just with my relaxed ends I have length to put in a bun
where my ends aren't exposed to the sun etc etc...
I'm not cutting it... I got it out of my system
but there are many reasons it would seem logical that
if you were 100% relaxed you could see more retentions:
not having to deal with 2 3 or even four textures like me...
but now I made a promise to myself not to cut until April 2008
my relaxed hair is pretty healthy and I'm already a year into it...
might as well push through.

I haven't BC yet but the nape area of my hair is totally natural and I have noticed that it has grown SO much and very fast. I think it's the healthiest part of my hair which is really weird because when I relaxed it broke off all the time.

I haven't BC yet but the nape area of my hair is totally natural and I have noticed that it has grown SO much and very fast. I think it's the healthiest part of my hair which is really weird because when I relaxed it broke off all the time.

I noticed that too! My nape was always the shortest saddest area of my scalp and now it's racing down my back!

Ditto on this... the nape of my hair has been thriving since I've stopped relaxing... see...
303hhk4.gif

Back