BC'd in October, First PICS since then!

ChrissyB

Hey ya'll,

I BC'd in Oct 2010 after a 15 month transition and I am JUST now posting my hair pics :blush:

I consider myself to be a 4a, with 3c in the nape and front. My hair is really coily, except in the 3c areas.

I initially did twistouts and braidouts, but I never really liked how they looked, plus I need more practice. Also, having to rebraid or retwist my hair every night was too much manipulation for me, esp since I was getting sucky results. Now, I have decided that I prefer wash and gos, because I am able to preserve my curl pattern.

All of the below pics are basically wash and gos. I wash and condition, rinse, put a cotton t-shirt over my head for about 30 min, and then just put it in a ponypuff or, if I want more length, I put my hair in 4 banded pigtails and leave the last 1.5 inches loose to keep the curls intact.

I am able to keep this style until the next wash day by just spraying my hair with water or water with a little conditioner in the bottle. I don't use a lot of hair styling products (although I own tons of them), my only must have right now is the ORS smooth-n-hold pudding which I use to slick back my hair for my ponypuffs.

• Every other week I deep condition my hair with a heat cap for 1 hour.
  • Once a month I clarify with bentonite powder.
  • Every day I mist my hair with my water/ water + conditioner mist to keep it moisturized
  • Nightly, I sleep with my hair in two loose ponypuffs
  • In the morning, I remove the ponytail holders, then either spray with water to refresh the curls, or let the steam from the shower refresh them.

I can go about 10 days without having to rewash my hair by just misting my hair with the water bottle, then shaking my head to separate the coils. I don't use a comb and I only detangle my hair when wet, using my fingers. Despite how thick my hair is, it's pretty easy to detangle. Somehow using a comb creates tangles in my hair as the comb goes down, so I had to do what works best for me.

I'm not that great at styling my hair (even when I was relaxed) :lol: , so I don't have a huge variety of pics, lol! But, if you just like looking at hair, here ya go! By the way, I haven't straightened my hair yet, but the longest pieces are at the nape and they are half an inch from APL. The rest ranges in length.

More pics are in my fotki: http://public.fotki.com/GaPeachinDC/

This is what my hair looked like during month 9 of my transition:

Close up texture shot of crown, 4a:

Looser at the nape, 3c-ish:

Right after the big chop ( I chopped it myself and didn't do the greatest job in the world, you can see a few straight ends)

One of my typical styles - Hump in the front, loose in the back:

View of this style from the back:

Another view of the same style, different day:

Hair in ponypuff:

View of hair slicked back in the front:

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!​

ChrissyB

Thanks EllePixie, you are one of my hair idols! Oh, to one day achieve the perfect wash and go. Off to watch your YouTube tutorial...

Nerd.

oh, very pretty!

We are definitely hair related, especially regarding the loser nape.
Congrats on being newly natural! I cannot wait for my turn

ChrissyB

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments, they really mean a lot coming from the most savvy hair divas on the net!! I need to start doing length checks so I can really see the progress. I can see that my hair is growing but so far the most obvious change month to month is the increased thickness and the amount of conditioner my hair sucks up on a weekly basis! :lol:

ChrissyB

Oooh, I'm loving your bling FabNikki, what products do you use for your pony puffs to get that kind of shine??