My First Henna... Outcome pics ( lots)

lusciousladie07

I have had a busy weekend... bc'd yesterday and did my first henna today.. I have to say I LOVE IT:cloud9::love2:. Its like my "before" hair and henna got married:kissing4:, had a baby and it was all good.:lachen: But ladies who henna.. why didn't u tell me that henna was a :censored: to wash out... I kept washing till it was clear water.. put in my ors dc and then went back in the shower and washed and the water was brown again...But im loving the after affects.... I finished at about 5:20 and its 3 hours later and my hair is still wet like i just washed it... Normally its dry after the 1st hour and a half.. anyways... here are the pics:

Application.. Doesn't the back of my hair look like fish scales..:lachen:

washed out.. i see a lil color and more clumping of my curls:
top of head

without flash..

better clumping:

Me and my hair are having a love affair:dinner::afro:.. lol... ( i had to tell my admirer that I will have to call him back.. im taking pics of my head.)
well that all ladies...:peace:

Last edited:

Jhuidah

Congrats on the BC and your first henna. Your hair looks great! I just did my first henna three weeks ago, then another the week after that. Several washes and deep conditioners later...I'm still dusting henna crumbs out of my fro. So just expect it to get worse as your hair gets longer. :lol:

lusciousladie07

Sorry to be so ignorant, but what are the benefits of henna?

Your hair is looking good though, I love the last pic !

THANKS

From what I understand...it conditions your hair and makes it very soft and also loosens curls pattern (temporarily) Which I think this did. My hair will get more red after each treatment

My Mix.. I used curlynikki's method

2-2 and half cups of of brewed green tea 4 bags( but i didn't have green tea so dandelion tea)

150 grams of henna

and 2 tbls of honey...

i let it sit for and hour and a half... was a lil scared of the color.. will let it sit longer next time

left it on my head for 3 hours and then dc with ors..

oooop2

You hair looks nice. How frequently do you plan on hennaing your hair? I'm a true henna addict...LOL

MCMLXXII

Awesome job. :yep:

I henna with the LUSH Henna Bar, mix with Amla powder, Amla oil and tea. I let it set on my hair for 6 hours, then wash.

My only criticism about henna is that it does nothing for my gray hair. I have a few gray hairs in front and they drive me nuts! Because of the grays, I heavily saturate the front of my hair with henna. Six hours later, the grays are still there. WTH? :sad:

BrooklynSouth

LL, you were definitely told about the hard washout. Glad you managed to get it all out and your hair benefited from the treatment..

Creatividual

Congrats on your BC! I just did my very first henna, well it was a henna gloss, last week and I'm in luv too! My hair is ridiculously soft, has shine, and is stronger. I co-washed my henna out and yeah, it was mutha rinsing! But the results are soooo worth it!

lusciousladie07

You hair looks nice. How frequently do you plan on hennaing your hair? I'm a true henna addict...LOL

i was thinking every 2 weeks but if it makes it as thick as it did this first time.. then i may push it back to once every 1-2 months.. my hair is already thick stranded (huh?) and dense and i don't want to have to get grown men biceps to put it in a puff when it grows out! :lachen:How long have u henna'd?? Does it make it thicker after each use?