Hair length and type question

tricie

Hi, ladies! :hiya:

Got two questions for ya!

1) Since you have been on the boards, has your definition of your hair type changed at all? I was thinking for sure that I was a 4a, but now I am thinking that it may be 4a in some areas, 4b in others, and finally 4z in others. Is that normal or am I being weirded out by looking at too much hair? :drunk:

2) When it comes to determining the length of your hair, how can you be totally accurate? Meaning my hair is different lengths all around; my hair in the front is to my mouth, the hair right at the sides is nearly or almost shoulder, and have a couple of crown pieces that are anywhere from 4" to 6"; how can you determine your true hair length if it is so differnent. I know not everybody came up in here with their hair all one length!

TIA!

Last edited:

almondjoi85

I think to determine the length you go by the majority of your hair? That's a good question tho. I wonder what everyone else thinks

ravenmerlita

My definition of hair type has changed. When I started I thought I was 4a but I now I think I am 3c.

I am not sure there is a way to be totally accurate when judging length. I judge mine by the length of the longest back layers.

tricie

Thanks for chiming in, ravenmerlita!

That's what I was thinking; my longest are the shoulder length and pieces close to it!

Anyone else??