Type 4 naturals: do you scrunch?

Ebonygurl00

I've become VERY interested in the Curly Girl routine after reading the book and frequenting NaturallyCurly. I honestly don't know my hairs true texture yet, but I think most of it is 4a-4b with some 3c at the crown. I'm probably wrong, lol. Anyway, the styling part of the Curly Girl routine is basically scrunching with gel after washing. I know that type 3s scrunch, but do type 4s? I know that scrunching is for curl definition, but do 4s need this? I'm still trying to create a base regimen for when I'm fully natural.

Carlie

I don't. When I wore my Wash/Shake/Gos, I just applied the gel to my hair in sections, shook my hair...and let it dry.

Cheleigh

I am on a modified CG routine. I do very little/no scrunching after a CW. My hair is already very defined with lots of volume. I, like Carlie, usually just shake and go.

On second day hair, however, I apply product to my spritzed hair with damp hands. Then, I do scrunch for volume, either because my hair gets mushed down majorly at night or because I've banded/braided at night for stretch and I need to eliminate the parts.