Beach Wedding Hair

Nola Darling

What would you do with your hair in HUMID beach weather for a wedding?

I'm natural and I was thinking about braids. Is that played? I figured it's a timeless beach appropriate option. What else could I do?? I want to get in the water after the ceremony but still look decent.

soulie

Braids would be nice; you could arrange them in an upsweep or something "fancy" for the ceremony and go play afterwards.

Best Wishes!!!

naturalgurl

Hmmmm, humid air with a touch of salt. It's cool when washing(JustKiya) but it's drying in the sun. I would do something protective. I know, not much help...here's a bump...

dlewis

I would like to know also.

What about a cute updo with curls coming down around the face?

soulie

I would like to know also.

What about a cute updo with curls coming down around the face?

But would the curls STAY curled? A couple weeks ago my DH and I had pictures taken in Hawaii - near the beach. I flatironed my hair before leaving our room. The curl didn't last all the way to where we met the photographer. Add in a sea breeze and tendril-type curls will look like random pieces of hair that got missed in the updo! :drunk:

dlewis

But would the curls STAY curled? A couple weeks ago my DH and I had pictures taken in Hawaii - near the beach. I flatironed my hair before leaving our room. The curl didn't last all the way to where we met the photographer. Add in a sea breeze and tendril-type curls will look like random pieces of hair that got missed in the updo! :drunk:

Well maybe just a nice updo.:yep:

TCatt86

I think braids can be very elegant. I remember watching one of those wedding shows and the bride had braids done into a simple bun it was so pretty or you could work with your own texture and do a braidout and have it done into a simple bun/chignon kind of thing, I will find a picture when I get off work and post it.

Nola Darling

Please post a pic:yep:

I think braids can be very elegant. I remember watching one of those wedding shows and the bride had braids done into a simple bun it was so pretty or you could work with your own texture and do a braidout and have it done into a simple bun/chignon kind of thing, I will find a picture when I get off work and post it.

Lucky's Mom

What would you do with your hair in HUMID beach weather for a wedding?

I'm natural and I was thinking about braids. Is that played? I figured it's a timeless beach appropriate option. What else could I do?? I want to get in the water after the ceremony but still look decent.

If it is - I was played at my wedding. We went to hawaii for our honey moon... So I needed Braids....

:yep::yep:

TracyNicole

I had a beach wedding last month and wore braids in an updo. I liked it in my pictures and my hair stayed the way I wanted it to look through the high noon sun. HTH! How do I post a pic?

Nola Darling

I had a beach wedding last month and wore braids in an updo. I liked it in my pictures and my hair stayed the way I wanted it to look through the high noon sun. HTH! How do I post a pic?

When you post attach a picture that it saved to your computer. Kinda like how you attach an email file.

TCatt86

I think these could be cute

Attachments

• updo.jpg
    updo.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 20
  • chignon.jpg
    chignon.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 19
  • curly.jpg
    curly.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 20
  • side sweep.jpg
    side sweep.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

hillytmj

What about a pretty braidout! You could wash and cornrow it with setting lotion. Sit under the hair dryer until it's fully dryed, pick the hair loose, and you're ready to go. Rebraid at night in plaits to keep the style.

Congrats on the wedding! Sounds beautiful!

KEWLKAT103

What about a pretty braidout! You could wash and cornrow it with setting lotion. Sit under the hair dryer until it's fully dryed, pick the hair loose, and you're ready to go. Rebraid at night in plaits to keep the style.

This sounds nice.

I love braids, but not for my wedding.
I agree with the bun styles. Some of those are beautiful and will keep in humid weather. You could decorate it with a fascinator, pins, combs, etc.

Loooved Mia's hair for her wedding! Wow!

soulie

But who wants to spend nights on her honeymoon rebraiding? :nono: