Beautiful Hair Sighting!

lana

I thought we could do a thread with "Beautiful Hair Sightings" to be updated whenever.

I have one:

At rollerskating there was this little girl with WAIST length 4a hair (I know cause it's like my own texture) and she came into the bathroom with her chubby little self on skates and she raised her hair up and let it fall down and she laughed and looked at me and her friends and said "What am I gonna do with all this hair?" I guess she was tired of it blowing in her face while she was skating. Anyways it was pretty and you could tell her mom had attempted to blow it out and curl it. It looked like an upside down triangle, her ends were so thick!

klb120475

lana said:
I thought we could do a thread with "Beautiful Hair Sightings" to be updated whenever.

I have one:

At rollerskating there was this little girl with WAIST length 4a hair (I know cause it's like my own texture) and she came into the bathroom with her chubby little self on skates and she raised her hair up and let it fall down and she laughed and looked at me and her friends and said "What am I gonna do with all this hair?" I guess she was tired of it blowing in her face while she was skating. Anyways it was pretty and you could tell her mom had attempted to blow it out and curl it. It looked like an upside down triangle, her ends were so thick!

I can't wait to say that............:)

lana

I have another one. I was walking into a Loehman's and out came this young girl about 18 and she had a thick head of 4b hair, it was pressed (it looked like a press). It was bra-strap length in the back and uncurled. It was really gorgeous. She knew it too. She was flicking it over her shoulder as I smiled at her. I couldn't help but stare cause that hair was banging.

Now if only she new about baggying those ends....but whatever she's doing is working.

sunnydaze

lana said:
I have another one. I was walking into a Loehman's and out came this young girl about 18 and she had a thick head of 4b hair, it was pressed (it looked like a press). It was bra-strap length in the back and uncurled. It was really gorgeous. She knew it too. She was flicking it over her shoulder as I smiled at her. I couldn't help but stare cause that hair was banging.

Now if only she new about baggying those ends....but whatever she's doing is working.

Cute. I love to see young girls with pretty hair!

Maa Maa omo mti

At my brother's recent graduation, my family and I were sitting behind this little girl and her parents. Her mom is from the caribbean with type 3a/b(maybe 2) hair wavy. Her daughter had the combo of her hair and her father's, her hair was type 3c lovely thick as hell. The mom had it in box braids; the hair was at her midback braided I couldn't stop looking at her hair. She was a cute little girl she kept looking at us, and seemed like she wanted to join us. Her hair was very impressionable, that even my mom commented on it the next day. That girl had hair to die for, but I'm sure it's hard to deal with all that hair. I was hoping kind of praying she won't grow up and cut it or mess it up.

Last edited:

divya

Wonder if I told this story already.

I went to the salon awhile back with a friend and an Ethiopian lady came in with her two daughters. They looked about 13 yrs and 10 yrs, and both of them had their hair clipped up. Well they sat down in the chairs and the stylist proceed to take off the clip. The eldest girl's hair fell all the way down to her waist. The younger girl's hair was 3/4 down her back. Both of their heads were HEALTHY!!!! Their hair type was all their own, not sure if i could describe it. It looked like a 3-4 combo of waves/curls that had been brushed. We were there 2 hours and the stylists were still working on the girl's hair. Their mother was falling asleep. She said this was just the reason why they don't get their hair straighten often...it takes way too long!!!

But their hair was just BEAUTIFUL!

Spidergul

I was on a beach in Jamacia a number of years ago and there was this little girl about 7 or 8 and her 2 brothers (I guess) playing in the sand. The little girl was darker than me with waist length coal black hair that was wavy straight like an Indian. She was so lovely, I bet she is stunning as a young woman!:eek: :)

Spidergul

currygyal said:
Wonder if I told this story already.

I went to the salon awhile back with a friend and an Ethiopian lady came in with her two daughters. They looked about 13 yrs and 10 yrs, and both of them had their hair clipped up. Well they sat down in the chairs and the stylist proceed to take off the clip. The eldest girl's hair fell all the way down to her waist. The younger girl's hair was 3/4 down her back. Both of their heads were HEALTHY!!!! Their hair type was all their own, not sure if i could describe it. It looked like a 3-4 combo of waves/curls that had been brushed. We were there 2 hours and the stylists were still working on the girl's hair. Their mother was falling asleep. She said this was just the reason why they don't get their hair straighten often...it takes way too long!!!

But their hair was just BEAUTIFUL!

This also reminds me of a lady and her 2 daughters at a beauty college. Her daughters had beautiful hair. Long and healthy. They were not permed and their hair was thick and very healthy. They were both getting pressed I believe.

ChocalateDiva

I was BNA- the airport in Nashville about a month ago and I went into a bookstore called Hudson Bookseller to buy something to read on the plane. The young lady behind the counter look to be between 18-21 and had the most luxurious 4a or 4b head of hair that I think I ever seen in person!! I was almost speechless.........she had to ask me was my purchase going to be debit or credit twice b4 is snapped out of it.

londonjakki

We were in Negril Jamaica on the beach two years ago and my daughter comes running up with this little girl.. she was German and 8 yrs old...she had the thickest head of unruly curls and waves cascading down her back.. the girl was drop dead gorgeous & only spoke a little english.....Her father was white german and her mother was a Jamaican singer......I tell ya they couldn't have a more beautiful child!!!

lana

Just bumping for more beautiful hair sightings. I'm sure you guys find this as inspirational as I do.

I have to say that my bf's niece had the most gorgeous hair on Saturday. I took her out and women were complimenting her left and right. Her mom did her hair in china knots and it was just gorgeous! She knew it too! You should have seen her rocking that fly style. :)

tapioca_pudding

Saturday I was dropping my little nieces and nephews off to thier mom. On the way back home I saw a lady walking down the street w/ ghorjus BSL hair. It was thick, shiny and healthy looking! Looked like she just left the shop. And she knew it was looking good cuz she kept stopping to adjust her shoe, fix her purse, etc so it would swing all around... Cant be mad @ that!! :D

meaganita

Spidergul said:
I was on a beach in Jamacia a number of years ago and there was this little girl about 7 or 8 and her 2 brothers (I guess) playing in the sand. The little girl was darker than me with waist length coal black hair that was wavy straight like an Indian. She was so lovely, I bet she is stunning as a young woman!:eek: :)
This reminds me of a co-workers daughter. She has a deep chocolate skin tone with type 2a/b hair. It was jet black and super shiny. She was only two at the time, but her hair was already at mid-back. It was simply gorgeous.

imstush

The other day in Foodtown this little girl about 7/8 had the cutest afro. The front of her hair was braided and the back was out. She was natural, it was so pretty I wanted to take a picture.

I have an Indian co-worker - she has the "shiniest, black, thickest, longest" hair (that probably made no sense:look: ). But every time she passes I just stare at her hair. I want to ask her her regimen, but she isn't the friendliest person in the world.:ohwell:

SEMO

I was at the Juneteenth celebration in Kansas City about a week ago or so ago, and I saw a woman with a gorgeous head of BSL hair. It looked so healthy and thick, and she had brown highlights in it that really complimented her skin tone. It was the first time I seriously wanted to ask somebody if they were Nikko's cousin. She definitely looked like she could have been one of our successful members.

If she would have come a little closer to where I was sitting I think I would have asked her. But I'm too shy to be chasing people down and asking them :look:.

lana

I saw a girl with beautiful hair last weekend. It was me! I looked in the mirror and finally saw what other people have been seeing. My hair has doubled in length in one year and it's the healthiest it's EVER been thanks to this board. I'm about three inches below collarbone length. My hair measures 14 inches at last count. I hope to make 17 inches and then from there retain length and thickness. I'll just keep it trimmed at 17 inches. I can't imagine having hair any longer than my underarm. This stuff is thick enough now...not that I'm complaining. :yawn:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Oooohhh, I love this thread!! I was walking to class last semester and this girl was walking in front of me. I damn near broke my neck to keep up with her so that I could admire that beautiful head of hair she had. It wasn't quite BSL, but it was almost there. It was sooo thick, swinging and bouncing all over the place with every step she took. It didn't help that it was just a tad bit windy that day and she just knew she had it goin' on. She had beautiful blonde streaks and her hair was cut into layers. I finally got up enough nerve to tell her that her hair was gorgeous and she was kind enough to tell me that she had just gotten a relaxer, her hair was cut into layers, and wrapped. She'd had the ends bumped under with a flat iron. I was sooo jealous, and I came damn near close to asking her if she was Nikko's cousin:grin: I was so awestruck by her hair that I couldn't even concentrate in class. I kept thinking to myself, "now how in the hell can I get my hair like that!!!?!???" Her hair was just beautiful yall. Just beautiful.

LadyChe

I was at a barbecue about a month ago in DC. These two sisters come in - and their hair was so thick and lush, all the way to the ends. Just a beautiful ash coppery color, and it looked like they had just had Dom Blowouts.. I wanted to :notworthy