benefits of daily co washes...

how you can tell that your hair is over conditioned??

***You might have some breakage

what is it that conditioners do to the hair? i am for real...i dunno!

***Conditioners help to strengthen hair... moisturize and improve the elasticity. They also help to prevent/repair damage.

another question...so, to do a CO wash, do you just need ONE conditioner or should you use two different conditioners? And its safe to do this daily? I may want to start doing that if its good for the hair.

*** You can use one type of conditioner....or switch up. It is safe to do daily. I wouldn't use a hardcore protein every day though...but that's just me. It really depends on how your hair responds to it. Some people love to do them daily...while other people only do them a few times a week.

HTH

Forgot to add...don't forget to add your oils/moisturizers to your hair while it is still wet. It will help prevent frizz and dryness if you are air drying.
smile.gif

I've been doing them daily since last fall; going out in the winter with wet hair doesn't bother me at all & I only got sick once (and that was 2 weeks ago!). CO washes have made my new growth softer and easier for me to manage, and my hair isn't as dry as it used to be. I use Pantene R&N or Dove intense moisture conditioner.

I condition wash almost everyday. It helps with curl definition and it's easier to brush through my hair with my denmand brush in the shower. My hair looks much better on days I condition wash vs. days when I don't have time to do it.

I looove daily co washes! Last summer I did them every day and my hair grew like a weed. When it finally decides to stay warm I will go back to doing them every day because I looove the results! I love having a fresh scalp, fresh-smelling hair, and the softness is great!

I was wondering about the conditioner washes helping growth. One summer I use to shampoo almost everyday (didn't know about the conditioner washes then)and my hair grew about 3 inches in the summer. It might have grown longer if I didn't blowdry my hair every weekend for church. I didn't think of air drying back in the day. Now If I do this now without the blowdrying my hair might grow even more.

I heard that hair tends to grow more during the summer anyway, regardless to what we do. Is this true, or do you think it's because of co washes.

I've never done a co wash, but my hair always seems to get an extra inch or two over the summer.

webby..I think the hair does tend to grow waaaaay faster in the summer, last summer my hair grew 3 inches the first two months alone..but the co wash helps to keep it moist so you can retain length

[ QUOTE ]
webby said:
I heard that hair tends to grow more during the summer anyway, regardless to what we do. Is this true, or do you think it's because of co washes.

I've never done a co wash, but my hair always seems to get an extra inch or two over the summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've been through a lot of summers and my hair didn't grow that fast. Actually I think my hair grew more than 3 inches but I also had a stylist that trimmed my hair touch up time. I didn't notice how much she trimmed then because my hair grew like crazy.

Well, I'm going to give co washes a try. I'll be nursing and working out all summer...great time to wash-n-air dry.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I LOVE the Suave Milk and Honey and Citrus Smoothie for CO washes. Since it's getting warm, I'm back to doing it every day or every two days. My hair grows like a weed when I wet it often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the citre smoothie... is that the correct name for it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen them at Walmart and Target. It's an orange color and it's called Citrus Smoothie. It's great!

This is a great post!!! I love co washes because it definately has made my hair stronger and manageable since I am stretching out my relaxer. Since I have started doing them back in Oct. 2003 I loose very little hair. My hair has really got alot of fullness. It is a keeper.

Back