Best Cheap-O Flat Iron?

200AndOne

I'm gearing up to do my first flat iron in ages for my birthday. Now I know that the FHI Runway is great. The Nana Elite is wonderful. Chi, Sedu, etc., etc. But I'm not trying to spend that much :look:

Anyone have any recommendations for a good cheap (<$50) flat iron?

xcuzememiss

The Tyche flat iron. I got it for 14.95 in brooklyn. one of the best flat irons ever. I used an Andis ceramic, ionic, tourmaline hair dryer(24.95) and flat ironed with the Tyche afterwards... Girll silky... Iam like 12 weeks post with serious new growth!!!

apemay1969

I bought a really nice flat iron from Target - Conair, 1 inch. It heats up fast and it has an lcd disply with temperature. I only paid 29.99 on sale. I'll update the post with more info when I get home. I have to dig it out because my girls will steal it.:perplexed

ChynaDoll.K

I would say Andis 1'' ceramic it was $ 20 from walmart and all i gotta is that was the best $20 i ever spent. This flat iron gets everything straight and ive never had to put it higher than the 1st setting to get my roots straight.

Shoediva

Walmart, Conair (red) ceramic flat iron. It has heat control dial. Cost me $15 bucks, best cheap flat iron.
I now use Andis, It was @ the same price, I dont like that it gets very hot even on the lowest setting. I have to turn it on/off while flat ironing my hair.

200AndOne

The Tyche flat iron. I got it for 14.95 in brooklyn. one of the best flat irons ever. I used an Andis ceramic, ionic, tourmaline hair dryer(24.95) and flat ironed with the Tyche afterwards... Girll silky... Iam like 12 weeks post with serious new growth!!!

i'd never even heard of the Tyche, but I see its gotten some good reviews. $14.95??? girl you got a heck of a deal, it's $60 on amazon. I wonder if I can find it locally.

200AndOne

I bought a really nice flat iron from Target - Conair, 1 inch. It heats up fast and it has an lcd disply with temperature. I only paid 29.99 on sale. I'll update the post with more info when I get home. I have to dig it out because my girls will steal it.:perplexed

That would be great if you could post a pic. Is it ceramic plated?? (lol @ hiding it from the girls - SO glad I've got boys)

200AndOne

I would say Andis 1'' ceramic it was $ 20 from walmart and all i gotta is that was the best $20 i ever spent. This flat iron gets everything straight and ive never had to put it higher than the 1st setting to get my roots straight.

Is this it?? The description says that it can be used on wet or dry hair - that's a plus for me b/c I do plan to leave out the blow drying step :perplexed - (wish me luck)

Attachments

• 41sRPTSPsKL._SL75_AA30_.jpg
    41sRPTSPsKL._SL75_AA30_.jpg
    941 bytes · Views: 382

southerncitygirl

I agree Andis is a goodie and you can't beat the price it has a numerical temp control and with your heat protectant you should be fine.

200AndOne

Walmart, Conair (red) ceramic flat iron. It has heat control dial. Cost me $15 bucks, best cheap flat iron.
I now use Andis, It was @ the same price, I dont like that it gets very hot even on the lowest setting. I have to turn it on/off while flat ironing my hair.

i found this red andis one - but that's kind of scary that it gets so hot - i've been avoiding heat for so long, it would be terrible if all my strands got scorched to death on their first revisit

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
the Plugged In flatiron from Sally's works well for me. it was about $40, but at my sally if you bring in an old hair appliance, you can get $5 off your purchase. it stays evenly heated, doesn't snag, and its really pretty too. the one i have is bright pink with rhinestones. the only draw back is that the tips can get a little hot.

beans4reezy

Great thread! I need a good flat iron so badly, but it is just not in my budget to spend $100 on one. I have a crappy Revlon something or other I purchased years ago and it is just so lousy. I can try out a few of these suggestions without going into the poor house.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
My very first flat iron was the Remington T-Studio 1" Teflon Fiber Slim Flat Iron. Though I am a flat iron junkie, I still love this one. :) It has ceramic plates covered with Teflon fiber.

It's less than $50.

200AndOne

the Plugged In flatiron from Sally's works well for me. it was about $40, but at my sally if you bring in an old hair appliance, you can get $5 off your purchase. it stays evenly heated, doesn't snag, and its really pretty too. the one i have is bright pink with rhinestones. the only draw back is that the tips can get a little hot.

Great thread! I need a good flat iron so badly, but it is just not in my budget to spend $100 on one. I have a crappy Revlon something or other I purchased years ago and it is just so lousy. I can try out a few of these suggestions without going into the poor house.

I didn't know you could do that at sally's!?! Maybe I should take back my old junky one.

200AndOne

My very first flat iron was the Remington T-Studio 1" Teflon Fiber Slim Flat Iron. Though I am a flat iron junkie, I still love this one. :) It has ceramic plates covered with Teflon fiber.

It's less than $50.

My very first flat iron is the one i still have - girl, Gold-N-Hot - the ones that are 2 inches wide and 3 inches tall :sad:. I have no idea what those plates are made of.
Teflon?! oh wow

30something

I bought a pretty good flat iron from sally's i ordered online. It was on sale for $20 now its $27. Its Ceramic and you can change the heat gauged from ANYWHERE between 150-450.. So if you want 151 no problem, if you want 356 no problem. Its great for the price! I don't plan to get an expensive flat iron anytime soon.

Its called Jibere de Paris Ceramic Xtreme Flat Iron
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Ceramic-Flat-Iron/SBS-345089,default,pd.html

Last edited:

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Andis from Walmart. I still go back to it every once in awhile.

aegis

you can always go to marshalls and tjmaxx or such other store and buy a higher end one for cheaper

sheba1

Do a search at Amazon and grab you a $50 Amika. Solid ceramic plates and originally $250 but a couple sellers are selling them for a steal. I love mine.

200AndOne

I saw a Remington one like Supergirl mentioned - so far its looking like the front runner for me :grin:

The plates are literally coated in teflon fabric - i think that is gonna make my hair very happy :yep:

Anyone else tried one like this???

SimpleKomplexity

My friend has an andis, and I love it waaaaaaay more than my lil Conair.
I bought a pretty good flat iron from sally's i ordered online. It was on sale for $20 now its $27. Its Ceramic and you can change the heat gauged from ANYWHERE between 150-450.. So if you want 151 no problem, if you want 356 no problem. Its great for the price! I don't plan to get an expensive flat iron anytime soon.

Its called Jibere de Paris Ceramic Xtreme Flat Iron
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Ceramic-Flat-Iron/SBS-345089,default,pd.html
I'm going to look into this one! Sounds like a keeper!
I saw a Remington one like Supergirl mentioned - so far its looking like the front runner for me :grin:

The plates are literally coated in teflon fabric - i think that is gonna make my hair very happy :yep:

Anyone else tried one like this???
Teflon huh? Hmmmm!!

lnana04

They are selling Corioliss flatirons at Marshalls for $29.99. I just bought one and I love it. The only downside is there is no temp control, and it gets really hot, but other than that its a good deal.