Anyone take their own flat iron to the salon?

angellazette

I've read threads where ladies take some of their own products, but does anyone take their own flat iron? I'm talking Maxiglide, Sedu, Chi, Fhi, etc. I'm thinking about doing this lol :grin: I have a Sedu.

naturalmanenyc

I thought about taking my FHI Platform SE to the salon yesterday but thought it might be considered a bit pushy and that the stylist may not be familiar with it since she uses a different brands.

DivaD04

this is funny:lachen: the first thing I thought of was this is ghetto, but when u think about it, it's ur head, and ur preference of iron, so while thinking about it, i would...i may have the work up the balls, i mean tubes to take mine...:grin: but i wouldn't throw this thought out the window too quickly if i was a salon goer.

DivaD04

I thought about taking my FHI Platform SE to the salon yesterday but thought it might be considered a bit pushy and that the stylist may not be familiar with it since she uses a different brands.

Girl, a stylist better know how to work a flat iron of any brand....i didn't know they would need a flat iron how to manual:lachen:(just a joke).

patientlywaiting

:grin:I do.. and my stylist fell in love with my sedu!!! Lol :lick: I let her use it on another client who I know personally and was in the salon as well..... I dont like the stove flat iron and hers doesnt give me that same gloss as my sedu just take it if they look at you funny tell him/her that you just got it and you want to try it ....... I mean as long as your still coming to get your hair done there and paying up the mula they probably wont care especially if your a long time customer to be honest alot of stylist arent all up on the Chi/Fhi/Sedu some are just using plain ol ceramics which over long term the plates can strip and your hair become fried:perplexed

angellazette

I really would like to see my hair done with the Sedu...but after I thought about it I was afraid that she may not know how to use it!