Best Conditioner for CoWash???

Cayenne0622

Help! I've never done a co-wash before but I plan to do one on Sunday. Can you please suggest a good conditioner to use for the co-wash? I have 4a/b relaxed hair. Should a co-wash conditioner be fairly thin instead of thick? What should the conditioner do for the hair as opposed to shampoo'ing? I know it can prevent dryness but is there something I should specifically look for when I choose a conditioner for specifically co-washing?

Mom23

Hello,
I like to use Suave Milk and Honey or Elucence Moisture Balancing. I alternate between the two. They both add moisture, but I think the Suave adds strength too.:)

PrincessScorpion

so1913 said:
DEVACURL ONE CONDITIONER!!!!!!

Yes I looooooooooooooove it! 2 orders ago at curlmart the lady recommeded it so I tried it that is why I brought the No Poo, Low Poo, and B'leve In.

When I grow up I want my hair to be just like yours SO1913!:notworthy :clapping:

Honi

There is no board.
Any of the AO conditioners. White camellia is da bomb if you want some soft hair!

LABETT

Daily Defense Tender Apple and Ginseng Boost is you can find it (my favorite)
Suave Milk & Honey
VO5 Strawberries & Cream

so1913

SaintLuxe said:
i went on curlmart.com and DevaCurl has a couple different types of conditioner. which one is the good one for cowashes? i'm 4a. TIA:)

I use Devacurl One Conditioner. I haven't tried any of the color or Devacare conditioners, but the reviews I've seen majority prefer Devacurl over Devacare.

LovinLocks

Any of the AO conditioners. White camellia is da bomb if you want some soft hair!

What is an "AO" conditioner, please?

Just ordered the Deva conditioner now I've got to go. Yaw'll got me purchasing all kinda stuff for my tresses. lol But, it's all good.

Have a pleasant day I'll check back in this evening.

Last edited:

bravenewgirl87

PuffyBrown

Organix - regularly

I make co-wash conditioner when the bottle of my regular conditioner has about 25% left and fill it back up to the half-way point w/distilled water (more conditioner if you want thicker). You can add goodies if you like ie.. EO, SAA, etc...whatever
Paul Mitchell
Nexxus Humectin
I just started using AO and that stuff is the truth

Last edited:

Eisani

What is an "AO" conditioner, please?

Just ordered the Deva conditioner now I've got to go. Yaw'll got me purchasing all kinda stuff for my tresses. lol But, it's all good.

Have a pleasant day I'll check back in this evening.

AO= Aubrey Organics.

QT

I heard great things about AO..... However, I haven't ordered that condish
My favorite by far is AUSSIE moist I have 4ish hair and it work wonders :yep: Plus it at ur local stores.

On my want list is WEN :grin:

danigurl18

I use so many different ones depending on the day: Garnier Hydra Curls, Garnier Curl and Shine, HE LTR, HE Curls and Twists, and Organix Tea Tree Oil