Best Hair Gel

Norma10456

Hello Everyone!
happy new year! I have tried so many hair gels those that were natural and those that were not. Can anyone suggest a hair gel that has a great hold. One of my major issues with the gel is that it really doesnt hold my hair in place. If there any you can suggest, I would greatly apreciate it ! I'm a natural who wears weaves. I do occaisionaly striaghten my hair, as for hair texture 3b/4a

Thanks so much

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
The ECO styler Krystal is suppose to be the ultimate hold out of all the gels from that brand.

~~HoneyComb~~

I wish Ecostyler worked on my hair but it did nothing for me but make my hair feel like straw.

Long Aid Curl Activator gel is a very moisturizing gel that never fell me. I also like to use a Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel, vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil mix.

MizzBrown

Ecostyler Gel.

I tried it to lay down my naps at 17 weeks post once and it looked like I had a fresh relaxer....with some waves.

NaturalBoss

I wish Ecostyler worked on my hair but it did nothing for me but make my hair feel like straw.

Long Aid Curl Activator gel is a very moisturizing gel that never fell me. I also like to use a Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel, vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil mix.

I actually use a combination of Long Aid Activator and Ecostyler to slick my edges down. It's the perfect combination for my hair.

NaturalBoss

Hello Everyone!
happy new year! I have tried so many hair gels those that were natural and those that were not. Can anyone suggest a hair gel that has a great hold. One of my major issues with the gel is that it really doesnt hold my hair in place. If there any you can suggest, I would greatly apreciate it ! I'm a natural who wears weaves. I do occaisionaly striaghten my hair, as for hair texture 3b/4a

Thanks so much

When you are using gel are you using it on your edges outside of your weave, or are you trying to do a bun or ponytail? The reason I'm asking is because if you are doing a bun or a ponytail, a scarf can make the difference on whether or not your hair lays down. I put my hair in a bun, put gel on the edges and then put on a scarf (not really a scarf, but it's mesh) and by the time I drive to work my hair is laid down and it ain't going nowhere for the rest of the day.

MizzBrown

Agreeing on the scarf method. Thats in important step I forgot to add. My hair did NOT lay just lay down by itself w/ water and ecostyler gel.

I had to use the scarf method along with this to get them smooth.

Fhrizzball

Ecostyler can be somewhat drying so I make sure to either put oil or moisturizer before or on top of it when i use it.

preciousfa02

Ecostyler! I use the krystal which works great for my fine texture while the olive oil was too heavy for my hair...hth

Kiki0130

EcoStyler Olive Oil. I agree with the member who said to put an oil under it. I usually
oil-rinse with olive oil and that does the trick for me.

HennaRo

The only gel that I used and sorta like(not a gel person) is IC Fantasia with sparkle whatever's lol.

keepithealthy

Eco Styler Olive Oil Hair Gel - alcohol free, outstanding hold, & a favorite on this board:
eco styler

Yup that's what I use:yep:

I usually add some oil to it so that it doesn't leave my hair feeling to crunchy.

Fine 4s

I need a new hair gel, my IC Fantasia with Sparklelites is now cloudy :(
I've had it since I started my journey in 2007! Lurker since 11/06.

ilah

And again - Eco Styler w/ Olive Oil. I've tried other gels over the years an the Eco Styler w/ Olive Oil beats them all. Hands down. Gives hold, Keeps hair in place, keeps edges down, no crunch and no residue.

Oh Eco....*giggle*

Simply_elle

Eco Styler... Is my baby daddy

I buy HUGE vats from sallys...which are dirt cheap!! the olive and krystal, I love both depending on my style. Use oil and a leave in underneath... Forget as your hair WILL be crunchy the first day but I get awesome post-days hair from a fine mist spray bottle and re tying the edges...It softens up a bit after. I get soo many compliments on my hair... thanks ECO :) Lol...

Geminigirl

I love the eco clear as well but my ultimate fav for braidouts or to slick down my edges Is FRUIT OF THE EARTH 100% ALOE VERA GEL. pure aloe gel that's organic I guess it's too watery and provides no hold for me, but this aloe gel is natural and the sheen/shine and hold is on point. It defines my waves and I just love this gel. Only this brand though I can't find it in MD but I found some out here visiting my mom and I am taking some back. I might pick up another bottle to last me as well.

MichelleMyBelle

Two head shakes in the shower.
I use a little oil and Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner as my leave in. I usually have the oil mixed into The Conditioner.

I never put a towel or tshirt to my hair.
Then I use Ecostyler the clear one. This is my favorite combo I summer/spring/fall/winter.

I've used Ecostyler for the last 5 years. I love it.