~~~BEST MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO EVEERRR!!~~~

PrettyBlackHair

With my beloved CON being replaced by an imposter and me down to my last bottle, I am in search of a really good moisturizing shampoo. There may be a thread on this already but the search thingy on this site NEVER works for me and besides I dont want to go looking at no threads from ten million years ago with people mentioning shampoos that may be discontinued by now (CON now being one of them :sad:) I have heard some good things about Keracare Hydrating Detangling and Kenra Moisturizing but dont they have some of the bad ingredients?? I'm not sure but its been a while since I have read their ingredient list. Anybody wanna post their FAVORITE moisturizing shampoo RIGHT NOW?.....

Kay.Dee

I'm no expert but...

I like Keracare as you mentioned and I also like Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather. Keracare kind of reminds me of CON.

PrettyBlackHair

Here are a few shampoos that I have not heard much about but seem ok from their description. Since companies lie, I was wondering if any of you guys have tried any of these? If you love a shampoo that I dont have pictured please feel free to mention it!!

HoneyDew

Piscesgirl718

Motions lavish conditioning shampoo is pretty good. Also, you could try Sweetcashew's shampoo from her website at shescentit.com. That's what I use now.

chocolatethai

i switched from CON to NTM cuz i dint like the way the smell of CON lingered on my hair and i've been very happy with NTM and it smells delicious

Platinum

Motions Lavish Poo is really good (I think it contains Sulfates,though:sad:) but I still like CON (green label) better.

MizaniLocs

Ya know.

I searched for this in my local BSS and it has EXTREMELY similiar ingredients to CON. It doesn't have sulfates and I think it had 1 more ingredient that what CON had, and was missing about 2 ingredients from CON. But it has the honey, balsam, and other goodies.

I was *this* close to buying it, but I bought Breakthru by Carson instead.

I think I will use this once I can no longer find CON.

ETA: I thought this was a picture of the ROUX 5in1. That was the shampoo that I was speaking about.

HoneyDew

I would like to know some shampoo alternatives to CON also thanks in advance :drunk:

I really think that an alternative for CON is Roux Alpha 5 in 1 shampoo, if you can find it. Some BSS don't carry it.

That is not the one picture above, that one is the Roux Porosity Control shampoo which is really good, also.

But, the ingredients in the Alpha 5 in 1 or sooooo close to CON. My mom actually thinks it is better than CON, especially in scent.

HoneyDew

Ya know.

I searched for this in my local BSS and it has EXTREMELY similiar ingredients to CON. It doesn't have sulfates and I think it had 1 more ingredient that what CON had, and was missing about 2 ingredients from CON. But it has the honey, balsam, and other goodies.

I was *this* close to buying it, but I bought Breakthru by Carson instead.

I think I will use this once I can no longer find CON.

I think you saw the Roux Alpha 5 in 1. That one is very close to CON. The picture I showed is the Roux Porosity Control shampoo.

Here is the Alpha 5 in 1

HoneyDew

^Yep! That's the one I was talking about. I got too happy when I saw that bottle and didn't even read it lol!

I am just picturing you with the two bottles of shampoo standing in the aisle looking at the ingredients. LOL You had to be there for a bit since you noticed that there is 1 extra ingredient and 2 less in the Alpha than in the CON. LOL I did not even notice that. I hardly never see ladies looking at ingredients, but when I do I am going to just assume she is a member of a haircare board. :)

MizaniLocs

I am just picturing you with the two bottles of shampoo standing in the aisle looking at the ingredients. LOL You had to be there for a bit since you noticed that there is 1 extra ingredient and 2 less in the Alpha than in the CON. LOL I did not even notice that. I hardly never see ladies looking at ingredients, but when I do I am going to just assume she is a member of a haircare board. :)

Everytime I go to the BSS it's a 30 minute trip.:look:

The day I found about about CON (officially), I went to the BSS and looked through ingredients of EVERY SINGLE SHAMPOO that caught my interest.:nono: Then I had the nerve to go to 3 more to see if any of the others had something that I didn't see.

Also, "Fabu-laxer" has an "After relaxer shampoo" that's the EXACT same ingredients as the ROUX 5in1. The smell is a little different but the ingredients are the same.:look: They're made from the same company.

Ahngele

With my beloved CON being replaced by an imposter and me down to my last bottle, I am in search of a really good moisturizing shampoo. There may be a thread on this already but the search thingy on this site NEVER works for me and besides I dont want to go looking at no threads from ten million years ago with people mentioning shampoos that may be discontinued by now (CON now being one of them :sad:) I have heard some good things about Keracare Hydrating Detangling and Kenra Moisturizing but dont they have some of the bad ingredients?? I'm not sure but its been a while since I have read their ingredient list. Anybody wanna post their FAVORITE moisturizing shampoo RIGHT NOW?.....

Am I missing something?? I just went out a week ago and scooped up a whole shopping cart full of Cream of Nature products (shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, breakage cream, leave it) Are you saying it's discontinued:perplexed?

HoneyDew

Everytime I go to the BSS it's a 30 minute trip.:look:

The day I found about about CON (officially), I went to the BSS and looked through ingredients of EVERY SINGLE SHAMPOO that caught my interest.:nono: Then I had the nerve to go to 3 more to see if any of the others had something that I didn't see.

Also, "Fabu-laxer" has an "After relaxer shampoo" that's the EXACT same ingredients as the ROUX 5in1. The smell is a little different but the ingredients are the same.:look: They're made from the same company.

I am going to call you the Ingredient Cop! LOL

You know we were talking about this in the thread about the CON being discontinued. Fabulaxer is Revlon right? Roux used to be owned by Revlon and so was CON. Now, Roux is on its own I believe and Colomer now owns CON :spinning: Okay don't get me to lying, it is something like that. :lol: Let's just say they were all in cahoots at one point, so I think that is why the products are so similar.

Ahngele, where you been?! Yep they are discontinuing. Oops, let me tell it like the CON folks tell it, they added Organic ingredients and changed the bottle. :angel:

:angeldevi Uh, The ingredients are way different on the new ones! That's a discontinuation if you ask me.

Today I was in K-Mart and they finally had the new one on the shelf. I was just in there a few weeks ago and they did not have them. There was NO original CON to be found. Then I look allll the way up on the top shelf and there is the original CON on clearance. Confirmation - they are moving out the old.

But, I still see the original all over the place. But, that will soon end, I'm sure.

PrettyBlackHair

Does anyone like Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo?? I mean I know it has Sodium Myreth Sulfate because it says it on the website, but does anyone still love it??.....

hot_pepper96

Keracare Detangling works great for me, but sometimes I add a little Breakthru shampoo to the Keracare in my palm and then I shampoo. The Breakthru adds serious slip.

Channie

Keracare Detangling works great for me, but sometimes I add a little Breakthru shampoo to the Keracare in my palm and then I shampoo. The Breakthru adds serious slip.

Unfortunately the BreakThru Line is also being discontinued. :nono:

Any other suggestions ladies??? I'm also a CON user in search of a replacement.

Qetesh

Elasta QP Creme conditioning shampoo
you can get samples
http://www.elastaqp.com/shampoo_creme_conditioning.php

thanks for the link, i am willing to give the sample a try.

i have been using the giovanni 50/50 moisture clarifying poo on my roots only and following up with moisture condish lately, and i havnt found a problem with it. for me unless i am really combing my hair and going to straighten it thus not puttin alot of leave in condish into it i really dont need a super moisturizing poo like CON. i do have 2 HUGE bottles of it still tho.