Ultra Moisturizing/Ultra Hydrating Shampoo

princessdi

I am in search of a really good, inexpensive moisturizing/hydrating shampoo and conditioner. I have searched and found the following shampoos/conditioners. Please look at the list and let me know if you have used them, and if so, what you think and which out of the list is the best to choose.

1. Alberto VO5 Moisturizing Herbal Shampoo, Honeydew Smoothie
2. Mane n Tail The Original Deep Moisturizing Shampoo
3. Creme of Nature Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo
4. Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo
5. Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream Shampoo

All of these sound good and are all under $5.00. Also, I have been using ORS Conditioner (orange and creamy) and I love the way it makes my hair feel, but I am confused as to whether it is strictly a moisturizing conditioner, or if it is a protein-based conditioner. Should it be used to deep condition after a protein treatment and can it be used after each wash for a moisturizing conditioner or not? Please offer your opinions.

Thank you ladies!!!

LivingDoll

I am in search of a really good, inexpensive moisturizing/hydrating shampoo and conditioner. I have searched and found the following shampoos/conditioners. Please look at the list and let me know if you have used them, and if so, what you think and which out of the list is the best to choose.

1. Alberto VO5 Moisturizing Herbal Shampoo, Honeydew Smoothie
2. Mane n Tail The Original Deep Moisturizing Shampoo
3. Creme of Nature Kiwi & Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo
4. Finesse Moisturizing Shampoo
5. Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream Shampoo

All of these sound good and are all under $5.00. Also, I have been using ORS Conditioner (orange and creamy) and I love the way it makes my hair feel, but I am confused as to whether it is strictly a moisturizing conditioner, or if it is a protein-based conditioner. Should it be used to deep condition after a protein treatment and can it be used after each wash for a moisturizing conditioner or not? Please offer your opinions.

Thank you ladies!!!

Hello...I've used CON in the past (not the specific kind you mentioned) but it is moisturizing. I have extremely dry hair and I've been using Elasta QP Moisturizing Poo along with Elasta DRP-11 and/or Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Condish. I'm extremely happy with the results that I've gotten. Elasta is readily available and most of the products are under $5. I think the DRP was $8. Elasta is made by the same makers of Kenra and Elucence. I've never used the other products (and I'm not saying they're all comparable) but I know that many people rave over those as well.

Last edited:

princessdi

Hello...I've used CON in the past (not the specific kind you mentioned) but it is moisturizing. I have extremely dry hair and I've been using Elasta QP Moisturizing Poo along with Elasta DRP-11 and/or Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Condish. I'm extremely happy with the results that I've gotten. Elasta is readily available and most of the products are under $5. I think the DRP was $8. Elasta is made by the same makers of Kenra and Elucence. I've never used the other products (and I'm not saying they're all comparable) but I know that many people rave over those as well.

Thank you girl! I've heard about Elast QP. I think I may have to give them a try.:yep:

BUMPING FOR OTHER RESPONSES!!

Platinum

I love Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing shampoo (the one in the green and white bottle). Also, I like Motions Lavish Shampoo.