Best Natural (Organic) Hair Care Line

swimfan09

I have relaxed hair and am interested in moisturizers that contain mostly natural ingredients - no mineral oil. I have heard good things about...
Carol's Daughter
Jane Carter
Aubrey
etc.

What do you think is the best of the natural hair care lines? Please comment on any line that I did not mention. I am looking for a super rich daily moisturizer for my hair.

Ms_CoCo37

Unfortunately for me, when I tried Carol's Daughter products my hair didn't like it at all. :nono:

Believe it or not, Taliah Waajid's haircare line worked great for me, and it's very affordable:

http://www.naturalhair.org/haircareproducts.aspx

You can check her website out and see if you might be interested in trying some of her products. My hair loves her Black Shampoo, Conditioner, Oils, Protective Sprays, etc.

Hope this helps!

sharifeh

I hated carol's daughter.
But many people on here rave about qhemet biologics. I haven't tried it yet though.
It's quite pricey too.
Aubrey Organics are known on this board for their mega moisturizing conditioners.
Giovanni is known for the direct leave in. (haven't tried it)

I would say try giovanni, it's pretty accessible and affordable.

HollyGolightly

I don't think Carol's Daughter is all that great, the hair milk did nothing for me. Giovanni's Direct Leave-in works well and their products are very easy to find. I also love the smell of all the Kinky Curly products.

Mook's hair

Aubrey is good stuff.
My hair hated Carol's Daughter (Relaxed) I haven't tried it natural.
Giovanni Direct also has a good product line but my natural hair likes it much more than my relaxed hair.
But My Favorite is Bee Mine Products. Their Juicy daily spritz and Luscious moisturizer are my staples. I started using them as I was transitioning so I have no real gauge for how they would work out on fully relaxed hair. I also use the growth serum & curly butter.

Plus I've made a commitment to put my hair care dollars back into black businesses and Bee Mine is owned & operated by a black female. She's a member of this board & fotki.

NaturalPath

I don't think Carol's Daughter is all that great, the hair milk did nothing for me. Giovanni's Direct Leave-in works well and their products are very easy to find. I also love the smell of all the Kinky Curly products.

I agree the only thing I like from CD is the shampoo, hair smoothie deep conditioner and their hair oil.

SouthernBeauty

I didnt care for Carol's Daughter either! I am in love with Aubrey and Giovanni... I havent tried Qhemet yet!

Last edited:

a_shoe_6307

My hair hated CD. I love Giovanni though. I purchased everything TJ Maxx had when I went last time so I could stock up while it was cheap (that's how much I love it).

PhonyBaloney500

Avalon Organics (cleaners), Aubrey Organics (GPB deep treatment), Giovanni (leave-in), Kinky curly (gel and leave-in), Jessicurl (deep treatment), Oyin Handmade (whipped pudding for moisturizing, shine and define for soft hold, all the dang body products).

Now the last three are home grown (or formerly) ...I know they use some type of preservatives but as far as I can tell it's nothing "deadly." No parabens, proplene glycol, etc. More veggie derived I believe....someone correct me if I'm wrong.

chebaby

i love:
karens body beautiful
aubrey organics
giovanni
qhemet biologics
oyin handmade

from each of these lines i use more than 3 products, actually i swear by their whole line. they are that good.

you also have your picks from hairveda and afroveda.

southerncitygirl

ao poo and condish is the truth( white camellia, honeysuckle rose, island naturals and gbp)
kbb hair milk and/or nectar act as my leave-in/ detangler and a 16oz bottle lasts me 3-4 months, i wash weekly
komaza care makes a great protein treatment and i will be using that every 6-8 weeks, i wish it was a bigger size(4oz) my apl hair will only get three uses out of it :(
afroveda define and shea amla butters act as my moisturizers and i apply it to my ends too.

I haven't tried qhemet but in the near future i may try the burdock cream or amla one and get samples.I also would like to try the honey hemp condish or their moisturizer by getting samples too. i love the fact that the natural products i use are concentrated so a little goes a long way. I only have to replenish moisturizers every 3 months and poo/condish every 2-3 months which is great.

my hair was transtioning when i started to use CD product (healthy hair butter) it left residue on my hair that took more than a month to wash out even with clarifying due to the beeswax which can also clog your hair follices. jane carter is expensive and the containers are so darn small but it works well.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'd Choose (In No Particular Order):look::

On-Line

Hairveda
SheScentIt
Qhemet Biologics
Jessicurl
Curl Junkie
Afroveda
Bee-Mine
Sams 247 (for JBCO)

Health Food/Vitamin Store(s):

Giovanni
J/A/S/O/N
Alba Botanica
Millcreek
Aubrey Organics
Beauty without Cruelty
Jane Carter
Dr. Bronner

darlingdiva

Out of the lines that you mentioned, I'd have to say that Jane Carter is my favorite. I love the Hair Nourishing Cream and the Leave-In. The Condition & Sculpt gives good hold, and the crunch effect can be eliminated by diluting it with water.

I've given my reviews on Carol's Daughter in other threads on the board. To summarize, the products aren't worth the price (IMO). The only thing that I loved from the line was the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner. I stopped using it when the ingredients changed.

I love Aubrey's GPB, although it now acts strictly like a moisturizing conditioner on my hair.

In regards to other natural or organic lines, I like:

Karen Body Beautiful's Deep Conditioner-very moisturizing and I only need to use a little bit. Plus, it gives slip w/out silicones.

Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Oil-I use it to seal in my moisturizer. I like that it's so light b/c I have fine hair & I need to use products that won't weigh my hair down.

Hydratherma Naturals Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion-this stuff leaves my hair very soft and it penetrates well; in fact, it penetrates a little too well for my hair. Now, I only use it on my ends b/c it leaves my hair too moist if I use it all over my head.