Best online bargins for henna & amla powder

JLove74

I'm almost out of my henna and cassia that I ordered from Hennaforhair. Just wanted to know where you ladies are ordering your henna from. I looked ar FNWL, but they are out out of amla powder. I want to order everything from one site....

Any recommendations? And how quick was shipping?

www.bytheplanet.com - herbs are located in the ayuredic section and henna when you click on that section- click on bulk henna powders- that's the type i use ( i have purchased 1 lb of chestnut henna and 1 lb of cassia, 300g of fo-ti powder and 100 g of amalaki powder) Fast shipping, great quality, excellent customer service

www.hennasooq.com - this place is great just found out about them recently- should receive my first order some time this week. ( i ordered 600g of an indigo/senna mix (70% indigo/30% senna)- this was $5.95 per 100 g and i got 200 g of amla powder.

HTH

I also found a great deal on henna on e-bay- haven't used it yet but very soon.

Why don't you just visit yor local Indian store? The prices are cheaper./
Sistaslick hipped me to this fact a couple years ago.

Much cheaper, and I think henna is being way over priced online and at natural store.
JamericanGurl said:

JamericanGurl said:

I'm just lazy, but I think this afternoon, I'll stop by this Indian store near my job. I've got on my list the Amla powder you posted yesterday.

Thanks JG

Hello to all ! I can't find the place where we write our introductions so until then I will take my time to introduce myself. My name is Khadija and I run the Henna Sooq out of Montreal, Canada. We are formerly of the Maryland, USA area. But I am really happy to be back up here in Montreal. It's nice really as long as you don't think too hard about the snow lol !

I am a busy stay at home mom running our business, along with running after five kids. It's crazy but we do it and we live life accordingly to the best of our ability.

I just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation out to you in Woodbridge, VA (I know who you are!!).

Also about henna and related powders being over priced online, well yes the prices are most definetely more expensive. But the reason for this being is that you are paying for a higher quality product. Usually you are paying more because it is Body Art Quality Henna. The care taken with these henna powders are very hard to come by. Especially when trying to find a reliable supplier. The henna is cultivated from the top of the shurb (lawsonia inermis) and therefore you will get the most dye content.
Henna is sold on the shelf and you really do not know for sure how long it may have been sitting there. Most online suppliers carrying BAQ henna keep theirs in the freezer or at least cold storage.
All other powders are highly sifted so you don't have sticks and sand to wash out of your hair. They also need cold storage so they stay as fresh as possible.
You will also find that there are no additives, no pesticides or PPD or any preservatives in these products. Just pure powder 100% natural.

So this is part of the reason people chose to purchase henna at those prices. I hope this helps.

Khadija

All the Henna I've seen in stores have expiration dates and most of the brands sold online have been purchased in stores by many of us.

However, I do appreciate the word of caution and the detailed info.

JamericanGurl said:
All the Henna I've seen in stores have expiration dates and most of the brands sold online have been purchased in stores by many of us.

However, I do appreciate the word of caution and the detailed info.

Agreed. I was too hot when I saw Jamila at a local grocer for $1.49 per box after I ordered some online. Live and learn, I guess.

Henna Sooq said:
Hello to all ! I can't find the place where we write our introductions so until then I will take my time to introduce myself. My name is Khadija and I run the Henna Sooq out of Montreal, Canada. We are formerly of the Maryland, USA area. But I am really happy to be back up here in Montreal. It's nice really as long as you don't think too hard about the snow lol !

I am a busy stay at home mom running our business, along with running after five kids. It's crazy but we do it and we live life accordingly to the best of our ability.

I just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation out to you in Woodbridge, VA (I know who you are!!).

Also about henna and related powders being over priced online, well yes the prices are most definetely more expensive. But the reason for this being is that you are paying for a higher quality product. Usually you are paying more because it is Body Art Quality Henna. The care taken with these henna powders are very hard to come by. Especially when trying to find a reliable supplier. The henna is cultivated from the top of the shurb (lawsonia inermis) and therefore you will get the most dye content.
Henna is sold on the shelf and you really do not know for sure how long it may have been sitting there. Most online suppliers carrying BAQ henna keep theirs in the freezer or at least cold storage.
All other powders are highly sifted so you don't have sticks and sand to wash out of your hair. They also need cold storage so they stay as fresh as possible.
You will also find that there are no additives, no pesticides or PPD or any preservatives in these products. Just pure powder 100% natural.

So this is part of the reason people chose to purchase henna at those prices. I hope this helps.

Khadija

Hello,
Do you sell henna. Do you have an interntet site. If so please advise what te address is for your henna website. Thank you.

deborah11 said:
Hello,
Do you sell henna. Do you have an interntet site. If so please advise what te address is for your henna website. Thank you.

I'm gonna chime in for Khadijah- she does have a website- www.hennasooq.com

And yes she does sell henna. I recieved my order from her today and along with very detailed instructions on how to apply various herbal treatments, henna and indigo- she sent me a free sample of Morrocan Henna Powder( summer crop 2006). When i need some more supplies i will definitely purchase from her again. My experience was very pleasant and she came highly reccommended on www.longhaircommunity.com ( i can't think of the member's name right off the top of my head).

carameldiva said:
I'm gonna chime in for Khadijah- she does have a website- www.hennasooq.com

And yes she does sell henna. I recieved my order from her today and along with very detailed instructions on how to apply various herbal treatments, henna and indigo- she sent me a free sample of Morrocan Henna Powder( summer crop 2006). When i need some more supplies i will definitely purchase from her again. My experience was very pleasant and she came highly reccommended on www.longhaircommunity.com ( i can't think of the member's name right off the top of my head).

i see that her prices are alittle cheaper than other sites. how was the shipping price?

Back