Votes: 172 14.3%
  • Revlon

Votes: 32 2.7%
  • Others not listed, or I don't like ANY relaxers, though i am relaxed

Votes: 300 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LaLaa

Well my relaxer is not listed. I use and have been using for years is Precise. I tried ORS but it didnt work for me. It didnt give me the Bone straight look i like. The middle pic in my siggy is an ORS relaxer the first and last is my Precise.

Jewell

Mine isn't listed. I've tried several of those listed, however-like Revlon Realistic, Mizani No-Lye (hated it), Silk Elements Lye...but I went back to Optimum Multimineral Reduced PH Lye, which I use in Mild or Regular if my hair seems coarser. LOOVE that relaxer system. Can't get confused or skip with the numbered steps.

ellehair

Botanicals no LYE Sensitive scalp.. any thing else burns me like no other.. I midas well just set fire to my hair/scalp thats how bad the burns are

Day Dreamer

My relaxer is not listed but its nairobi. When I used my hair was like butter and it stayed that way for two months straight. I do not get that relaxer where i am but would love to have it again.

goodmorningruby

I haven't read the entire thread...but..being that Phyto has been mentioned too many times to count, I was wondering about the Phyto users...did any of you ever experience excessive dryness or any other problem attributed to no-lye relaxers? And if so, did you switch to lye? I've used Phyto and initially I was very pleased with the results but three months later I'm not sure it's all that. I noticed there were at least three Phyto users that had WL hair, so I'm a little baffled.

Also
I might do a touch-up at the end of my 6 month stretch, and I'm looking at Alter Ego Linage Lye, Hawaiian Silky No Lye (lithium hydroxide formula) and Affirm Fiberguard Lye as potential options. Any thoughts on these three?

Shoediva

My favorite is Dream relaxer (made exclusively by my hairdresser) currently sold to salons right now.

2nd favorite is Designer's Touch

destine2grow

I have used several relaxers over the years such as mizani, gentle treatment, africas best, tcb, pcj, dark n lovely and many more. I will never use mizani it made my hair fall out or maybe the sylist didn't do something right. Whatever relaxer I use always gets my hair bone straight. I have never paid any attention of how they make my hair feel until joinging this forum. I haven't had a relaxer since I joined. However when it it time for one I plan to relax with SE shea butter lye. I will had some oil and silk amino acid. I am hoping to have a little texture left to my hair.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Silk Elements no lye olive oil relaxer left my hair strait and thick. ORS would leave it strait and lifeless. This relaxer will never ever be replaced!:yep::drunk:

outspokenwallflower

I haven't used it since 08 because of the price, but Phyto II is the BEST I've ever used. I've used other great ones but the BEST in my opinion and experience is Phyto II.

keykee

I always used the Revlon relaxer. Before I started using all the extreme heat.. blow drying and flat ironing my hair was fine.

beana

I'm not a WL phyto user but i LOVE thsi relaxer and tried to answer your question below:

I haven't read the entire thread...but..being that Phyto has been mentioned too many times to count, I was wondering about the Phyto users...did any of you ever experience excessive dryness or any other problem attributed to no-lye relaxers? I've used this for my last 2 touch ups and i haven't experienced any dryness at all, in fact my hair is in the best condition its been in for a long while.

And if so, did you switch to lye? I plan on sticking with phyto for as long as i relax my hair!

I've used Phyto and initially I was very pleased with the results but three months later I'm not sure it's all that. I noticed there were at least three Phyto users that had WL hair, so I'm a little baffled.

exubah

Designer Touch Sensitive Scalp Treatment and if I can't find it I use Optimum Anti-Breakage No-Lye Regular. I tried the new Optimum Mild last year and had a really bad setback with my front edges suffering major breakage and my temples coming out in clumps :nono: never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....can't use enough exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NikkiGirl

I am currently relaxed with Affirm. It is good. I don't have any problems. But I have used Mizani in the past and I would have to say it is the best because it leaves your hair with lots of volume.

BellaLunie

I haven't read the entire thread...but..being that Phyto has been mentioned too many times to count, I was wondering about the Phyto users...did any of you ever experience excessive dryness or any other problem attributed to no-lye relaxers? And if so, did you switch to lye? I've used Phyto and initially I was very pleased with the results but three months later I'm not sure it's all that. I noticed there were at least three Phyto users that had WL hair, so I'm a little baffled.

Also
I might do a touch-up at the end of my 6 month stretch, and I'm looking at Alter Ego Linage Lye, Hawaiian Silky No Lye (lithium hydroxide formula) and Affirm Fiberguard Lye as potential options. Any thoughts on these three?

I think the dryness is caused by the mineral deposits caused from when you switch to lye from no lye. You have to use a chelating and neutralizing shampoo to remove them

skipper

mizani bb left my hair the softest and happiest its ever been post relaxer. however, the regular left my hair a bit too underprocessed/texlaxed though. I know some people like having texlaxed hair but my hair was just such a pain to roller set and detangle, so its not for me.

i just did a touch up/corrective with silk elements super relaxer w. shea butter. it got my hair as straight as i liked but i hated the way my hair felt after it was bone dry. my hair is great now and i haven't had any shedding or breakage issues.

next relaxer i'm going to try mizani bb super and see how it goes, hopefully i can get the straightness and the softness

bahamababe242

I LOVE Alter Ego Linage Lye Texturizer or Relaxer (tried both and didn't see much of a difference), I used to love Mizani Butter Blends as well.