best rollers

beebellkel

I want to start doing rollersets since my hair is growing! I went on amazon to buy but its so many different kinds im not sure which one to buy. Can anyone recommend a good rollerset with different sizes and around good roller

BlkOnyx488

good question

I still use the old fashion hard plastic ones.
they get my ends nice and straight when I use end papers.

and they last forever

winona

You might want to check in the roller setting challenge 2011:) They are very helpful over there. What type of style are you looking for?

My 2 cents:)
Dobbie and just body overall mesh (dry faster:diane has plastic mesh and regular mesh) or magnetic
Elongated Spirals and fancy updos curlformers
Short Spirals and fancy updos rods:)
Maintenance with good sleep satin sponge

Good Luck

bebezazueta

Hello,

I agree with the ladies here. It depends on what kind of curl you desire. Here's my top 2:

1) 1 1/2 inch Diane plastic mesh rollers

And here's it in a roller set

And here are the results

2) French mesh rollers 2 inches

And here it is in a roller set

And here are the results

caltron

I am new to roller setting. For my first set, I got wire mesh rollers because I had heard that those cut down on drying time. My set dried in about 30 minutes.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
bebezazueta you like the Dianne mesh rollers better than the French Rollers? I thought the French Rollers cost more, and were suppose the be the Holy Grail of rollers for roller setting. What is the pros and cons of each roller? TIA

bebezazueta

bebezazueta you like the Dianne mesh rollers better than the French Rollers? I thought the French Rollers cost more, and were suppose the be the Holy Grail of rollers for roller setting. What is the pros and cons of each roller? TIA

Yes ma'am!

Here's my review

Pros of French mesh roller
1) large sizes
2) made well
3) dries super fast

Cons of French mesh roller
1) price
2) not easily accessible
3) heavy in weight (between weight of my hair plus rollers I get headaches)
4) special pins to hold them in place

Pros of Dianne hard mesh plastic rollers
1) good price
2) can purchase in the US
3) lightweight
4) can use a variety of pins to hold them in ( I use the metal duckbill clips)
5)dries fast
6) made well

Cons of Dianne hard mesh plastic rollers
1) small sizes

I prefer the French mesh with a fresh relaxer since my hair is not as heavy. But once my new growth comes in my beloved hard plastic rollers get my new growth smooth & dries faster than magnetic rollers but not quite as fast as French mesh.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
bebezazueta are the Diane mesh rollers smooth like magnetic rollers? Or, do they have little ridges on them? I can't tell from looking at the images. TIA

Last edited:

PureSilver

They are not as smooth as magnetic rollers

bebezazueta Your contribution has been so helpful to me. Thanks for the bonus pics. I almost purchased the mesh rollers like the bule ones you had in but since i'm new to this and was definitely unsure i walked out of the store empty handed. I think i would prefer the French mesh rollers because somewhere in my mind i think they would give me smoother straighter hair especially since i'm natural. I will make my purchase this weekend and thanks for the mini review:yawn:

momi

I like the hard mesh ones too... but I use the caps from the snap on rollers because those pins give me a headache.

PatTodd

bebezazueta are the Diane mesh rollers smooth like magnetic rollers? Or, do they have little ridges on them? I can't tell from looking at the images. TIA

The red Diane rollers have a textured surface that allows the best tension but will not snag your hair. If only they came in a bigger size my life would be complete.:)

nymane

I use Ceramic Magnetic Rollers (I bought them at Ricky's nyc a few years ago)

They're a litter thicker than the traditional magnetic Rollers and the hair "sticks" to them better and dries faster.