Bible Study/Prayer Challenge

gone_fishing

This shouldn't really be called a challenge...it's not like it's impossible to surmount. :lachen:

But, I'd love to have accountability and make myself be more consistant in seeking God as inspired by the other thread today.

I am not going to ask EVERYBODY to stick to a particular *timed* challenge but I will ask that everyone challenge themselves to do a few things.

1. Bible Study - at least a half hour each day (you can do this even if it means you have to miss that reality show). It'll be repeated anyway. :grin:

2. Praise - Spend at least a 15 minutes (or as the Spirit leads you) to not just ASK God for stuff that you need but to give him glory and praise for what He has done for you. Spend alone time with him just telling him how wonderful He is and you can do that buy singing to him for a half hour your favorite songs, screaming and crying at the top of your lungs, playing your tambourine :lachen:whatever floats your boat.

3. Medidate - Spend at least 15 minutes - go outside in your backyard, go the park, go on a walk and clear your mind of your OWN thoughts and really let God speak to you. In prayer YOU are talking. In worship YOU are talking. In Bible Study you are talking/reading but this is time for you to be still and be quiet and let God speak to you. He may choose to say nothing and if that's the case then that's okay. Sometimes his answer is be still and do nothing (at that time).

So this is one full hour of your day (at least).

The challenge is to keep a journal of how much (for accountability) of what you've done and to check in with us each day letting us know what you've done and reporting back any blessings you're received as a result.

Feel free to get a bible study buddy :) - husband, girlfriend, etc.
Or if you know anyone well enough on LHCF even exchange phone numbers to do bible study over the phone. :drunk: