Big tub of Cheap Protein

macherieamour

I do my proteins as a prepoo (steam towel treatment) but I use soo much on my dry hair that Im constantly out of conditioner.

ORS Mayo is getting expensive sooooo I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for protein conditioners that are good, available in large sizes and cheap:)

Thanks!

Honi

There is no board.
I would like to know this too as I am NOT using my GPB on dry hair. Most of the bottle would be gone.

macherieamour

Im thinking maybe Mane and Tail or Infusium...they always seem to have big bottles but I dont like toooo much protein in my hair.

anyone???

lexi08

Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol treatment is great! I purchased mine at Walgreens Pharmacy on sale for $1.99, the regular price is 2.99 I believe. I will definitely going back to get more.

tenderheaded

Sally's has Silk Elements hair mayo on sale 2 19 oz containers for $12. Also Metro Beaty has ORS hair mayo for $6.99 vs $9.99 everywhere else! I hope this helps.

divinefavor

macherieamour said:
Im thinking maybe Mane and Tail or Infusium...they always seem to have big bottles but I dont like toooo much protein in my hair.

anyone???

I like Mane 'N Tail. I don't thik it has too much protein.

macherieamour

really? Thats awesome then. I had the leave-in and I think it made my hair break out but maybe thats just the leave-in....

divinefavor

macherieamour said:
really? Thats awesome then. I had the leave-in and I think it made my hair break out but maybe thats just the leave-in....

My hair is fine/thin.

Sometimes I use MNT as a prepoo and my results are usually soft, shiny and bouncy hair. I also use it for co washes and use it as a leave in (mixture of MNT - The Original Conditioner, distilled water, a moisturizing conditioner, and usually an oil) when I wear my hair up or in a pony tail.

I am still using the same two bottles that I got at Walgreen's around Christmas time.

ETA: The only other product I've used from the MNT line is the Detangler and I didn't like it. It made my hair hard and it tangled more. Go figure! :eek:

so1913

Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner
You can find it at sally's and other BSS, usually between $4-$6

It's more of a thick liquid, clear treatment rather than creamy, thick conditioner/treatment.

Size: 34 oz (1005 ml)

Aids in restoring body and life to fine and damaged hair.

Suitable for all types of hair
Adds body to fine, soft hair
Excellent for damaged, overprocessed hair
Helps protect hair from stress of today's styles

Usage Tips
Apply to damp hair with shampoo comb. Do not massage or tangle hair for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.

ChocoKitty

My first vote is for Lekair Cholesterol (Professional). It contains collagen (and keratin--I believe). You can find it at Walmart for less than $2. Plus I double it by mixing it with coconut milk, lime and honey. My second vote would be for MnT conditioner mixed with honey. I try to buy it when it's 2 for 1 at Walgreens or Sally's. :)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
ChocoKitty said:
My first vote is for Lekair Cholesterol (Professional). It contains collagen (and keratin--I believe). You can find it at Walmart for less than $2. Plus I double it by mixing it with coconut milk, lime and honey. My second vote would be for MnT conditioner mixed with honey. I try to buy it when it's 2 for 1 at Walgreens or Sally's. :)
I agree. I like Lekair Cholesterol Plus. It's cheap (less than $2) and it really makes my hair stronger. Sally's also has big tubs of cholesterol but I don't know the price.....it's cholesterol so it's probably not that much.

JazzyDez

I would like to know this as well. Sounds like a lot of you are using cholesterol.

Macherie, I tried your method twice with keraphix and I love it! Infact I just did it my last wash. But Keraphix is $20 for 13.5 oz and I agree that you use a lot more on dry hair and it would be quite expensive even though I dont use it too often. More suggestions please! :D

jasmin

Vitale has a new olive mayo conditioner (30 oz) at jflabs.com for 7.99. I just bought some this week.

Last edited:

RabiaElaine

Pokahontas said:
I agree. I like Lekair Cholesterol Plus. It's cheap (less than $2) and it really makes my hair stronger. Sally's also has big tubs of cholesterol but I don't know the price.....it's cholesterol so it's probably not that much.

I agree with the cholestoral. You can usually get really large tubs for around $6-7 at most BSS stores.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Too much protein... can it lead to breakage and other problems? Is a clue that you are overusing protein dry hair? Thanks

*Happily Me*

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Too much protein... can it lead to breakage and other problems? Is a clue that you are overusing protein dry hair? Thanks

see, that's what i want to know.

i use cholestoral several times a week...

Mizani_Mrs

keraphix works good for me. I bought a litre of it on ebay for like $13. i plan to continue buying the large litres from ebay...

macherieamour

Bublnbrnsuga said:

I alternate it each week with a moisturizing pre-poo so I dont think Im overusing it. I also wash it out and deep con with a moisturizing cond. When I would do protein the other way, my hair would be dull and hard.

Plus, my hair is pretty dense so I use a lot of cond (both wet and dry) either way. My hair seems to be thriving (Ive been doing this for a few months) so its in the reggie for now:lol:

morehairplease

so1913 said:
Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner
You can find it at sally's and other BSS, usually between $4-$6

It's more of a thick liquid, clear treatment rather than creamy, thick conditioner/treatment.

Size: 34 oz (1005 ml)

Aids in restoring body and life to fine and damaged hair.

Suitable for all types of hair
Adds body to fine, soft hair
Excellent for damaged, overprocessed hair
Helps protect hair from stress of today's styles

Usage Tips
Apply to damp hair with shampoo comb. Do not massage or tangle hair for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.

thanks for posting this so1913. Do you mind me asking your opinion of it?

tia,
tishee

LiLi

What about the Dominican Conditioners? I used Silicon Mix the other day following your method and I really liked it. They aren't too expensive ... I think you can get a 60oz for under $20; and a little goes a long way. But all dominican conditioners are around the same price and they have a lot of different protein conditioners. Did you check out sickbay.biz or the ibeauty.com site?

macherieamour

LiLi said:
What about the Dominican Conditioners? I used Silicon Mix the other day following your method and I really liked it. They aren't too expensive ... I think you can get a 60oz for under $20; and a little goes a long way. But all dominican conditioners are around the same price and they have a lot of different protein conditioners. Did you check out sickbay.biz or the ibeauty.com site?

That is an EXCELLENT idea!

Soul♥Flower

My sister uses amazon gold hot protien hot oil treatment. It only comes in 8oz bottle but a little goes a looooong way.

note: It does have animal protien in it (probably gelatin)

divinefavor

macherieamour said:
That is an EXCELLENT idea!

I agree! I just purchased some dominican products from Anky's website. She was very helpful in suggestion the right type of protein/mositure products for my fine hair.