Bigen Hair Color in Oriental Black Review (long)

Jewell said:
Yes, I have two pics of my hair with that color in it. Its in my hair folder under "Emphasizing Length." They are two up close pics of my hair and color. I think they are entitled "Texture" and "Texture Close-Up" and are on page 2 of that album.

It looks really natural, your hair is beautiful!... I am just too chicken to do the darkest color though. I see that they have "Black Brown" so I may just try that. I just want to get rid of the red-brown in my hair (mostly on the ends), and have a more uniform color. Hopefully black-brown will do that.

I've been washing my hair everyday since I have made this thread... no fading yet, whatsoever! I love Bigen. I am going to have to buy a ton of it! :weird:

NoNapNique said:
It looks really natural, your hair is beautiful!... I am just too chicken to do the darkest color though. I see that they have "Black Brown" so I may just try that. I just want to get rid of the red-brown in my hair (mostly on the ends), and have a more uniform color. Hopefully black-brown will do that.

Thanks chica! I don't like the reddish brown my hair has naturally either. I like the look of black or at least very dark brown hair. I think the Black-brown would do okay if you don't want to get too dark!

Jewell said:
You're welcomed. No, I have never experienced dryness or breakage with Bigen. The only time I really experienced dryness or breakage was when I was using Dark 'N Lovely permanent hair color, which contains ammonia. I also used one by SoftSheen Carson in Jet Black that looked nice but in the long run dried my hair out a lot.

Thanx Jewell for responding...One day I will give this product a try

Jewell said:
Thanks chica! I don't like the reddish brown my hair has naturally either. I like the look of black or at least very dark brown hair. I think the Black-brown would do okay if you don't want to get too dark!
So how much darker is the Black-Brown than the Dark Brown? Does anyone know?

anky said:
I've been washing my hair everyday since I have made this thread... no fading yet, whatsoever! I love Bigen. I am going to have to buy a ton of it! :weird:
]

Hi Anky!!

I've got some Bigen in Oriental black but I'm just too scared to use it, does your hair feel dry or brittle yet?

na, my hair does not feel dry or brittle. It feels great. I am going to put a picture of me on my fotki album now.

Tonite I dyed my hair with Bigen Oriental Black and it looks and feels great! i CONDITIONED for about 3 hours with Le Kair Cholesteral and a homemade leave in under a plastic and then I combed it through and am drying using the ponytail method with a roller. It looks so dark and silky and feels silky. If it stays looking this good, it will be perfect to keep in my bun. I will keep you posted week by week for a while. I was really cautious about doing this but finally decided that my hair was in good enough condition to bite the bullet. Bonjour

Isis said:
So how much darker is the Black-Brown than the Dark Brown? Does anyone know?

I've used the Dark Brown and left it on for 20 min....... Shouldn't have done that. My hair looked black. I suggest leaving it on 10min.

My hair looked and felt wonderful....but it wasn't the color I was going for. If they have a lighter color than Dark Brown....then I suggest you try that one to be safe.

Since I have been wearing this color for 4 months....I will probably stick with it.

HTH

Puddles said:
I've used the Dark Brown and left it on for 20 min....... Shouldn't have done that. My hair looked black. I suggest leaving it on 10min.

My hair looked and felt wonderful....but it wasn't the color I was going for. If they have a lighter color than Dark Brown....then I suggest you try that one to be safe.

Since I have been wearing this color for 4 months....I will probably stick with it.

HTH
Thank you so much Puddles. That's what I was wondering about. I'll look for a lighter shade next to Dark Brown.

I chickened out and used Clairol's Loving care rinse in black. I like the colour and the feel, I just know it won't last long; but I'm still too scared to try Bigen.

I used Bigen in Oriental Black last night. It turned my hair a DRASTIC black. I think this was due to how light my hair was beforehand (a light reddish color that I was tired of). I only left it on for about 10 minutes and then washed it out. It works FAST.

I guess the results vary from person to person. It was definitely easy to use. I deep conditioned right afterwards then put my hair into comb coils. My hair is not dry or hard or brittle.

I'd use it again but probably in a lighter tone.

P1

Back