Biotin

alireno

Trying to add some length to my hair and I was thinking about taking more Biotin. I take GNC Ultra Nourishhair and Women's Ultra Mega. Taking these I consume 1280 mcg of Biotin a day. GNC sells a 2500mcg Biotin supplement. I was thinking about adding this to what I take already. Just want to make sure that I am not overdoing it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jade21

Hey, 2b sis!

No, you are not overdoing /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I take 5mg (5,000mcg) daily.

~Jade~

alireno

Thanks Jade!!!!!!!!!! I guess I could have just pm'ed you! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/wave.gif

ngaa

wen i decided to take my supplements i cudnt find the HF37 or viviskal so instead i'm takin Perfectil which i was told was their best seller (Holland and Barrett) now taking it i havent noticed as much growth as i anticipated, i looked at the ingredients and it has no msm /images/graemlins/mad.gif, 0.045mg of biotin /images/graemlins/mad.gif, and 40mg of pantothenic acid /images/graemlins/mad.gif and compared to other things that some of u r takin that is nothin, so i was wondering what u'd advise 4 the quantities of the msm, biotin and pant. acid and if there was anything else that i missed out..

bcoz i aint a fan of swallowin pills i've decided to limit the number of pills i take to 3/day so i was wonderin if u cud help me decided what the 3 most ingredients listed in hair vitamins shud b thanx ...

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Hi Ladies,
Could someone tell me what the recommended daily allowance for biotin should be or is?

Imogin3

On the holistic health for hair growth...50mg 3 times a day is what was recommended. You must remember that biotin is also found in loads of food... sunflower seeds, almonds, brown rice, soynuts, soymilk, and the list goes on. A hand full of nuts and grains gives you alot of Biotin plus a milti I think you would be fine. We have to eat right as well, not just popping vitamins. The truth is, unless you are a vegetarian, our bodies do not absorb as much as the nutriants comming from the vitamins. Our bodies however, do absorb and use all the nutrients comming from foods /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

hairfanatic

Hi Alireno,

No, you are not although some people have complained about their menstral cycles being off. I didn't have any problems though. I to used to take the lower amount also, but when I increased to the 5mg, I really noticed a difference in my hair

A

AmilLion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
alireno said:
Trying to add some length to my hair and I was thinking about taking more Biotin. I take GNC Ultra Nourishhair and Women's Ultra Mega. Taking these I consume 1280 mcg of Biotin a day. GNC sells a 2500mcg Biotin supplement. I was thinking about adding this to what I take already. Just want to make sure that I am not overdoing it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was taking 5mgs a day as well. Even though it's embarrassing, but I started to grow HAIR under my NECK....So you know it had to STOP ASAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp

LondonDiva

Imogin

50mg of Biotin 3 times a day is over the top. Even though it's water soluble, for suffcient hair growth a lot of women can take between 1-10mg daily and see faster results.
Also Biotin is usually sold in very small quantities the most common being 1mg = 1000mcg. Pandora found a link where it can be purchased in 8mg capsules.

Allandra

Armyqt said:
Hey Allandra! /images/graemlins/wave.gif Are u noticing a difference with the added biotin?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I started taking biotin a few years back (on and off). Waist length is the longest my hair has ever been. So, I would definitely say yes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

smlwndr97 said:
Allandra,

Do you take supplements other than Biotin or is Biotin your only supplment?
-Monique

[/ QUOTE ]
Click on my name, and check out my bio. HTH.

MSCHICHI

LondonDiva,

I looked and couldn't find the 8mg biotin from that link. I even did a keyword search for biotin. Am I doing something wrong?

Valerie

Ngaa
With the Perfectil, you would see very little growth, because the quantities are so small. If you look at the thread, on Hair Formula 37. I hope that will help you.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=Women&amp;Number=7943&amp;page=5&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=2&amp;vc=1. On another board, I know one lady was taking 30 mg of Biotin, but she got one and half up to 2 inches of growth per month. I think, she gradually worked up to that amount. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

LondonDiva

Oh sorry about that. It obviously doesn't give the whole URL for that search function. On the website type in biotin in the search feature. It will return 15 records. Go onto the second page and it's the 3rd one down.