BKT Experts!!! Come on in!!!

MsBoinglicious

I thought the Process of BKT'ing your hair was that you:
Wash hair
Blow dry hair
Apply BKT
Blowdry
Flatiron
Leave it alone for a FEW DAYS, then wash and flatiron again.

In this video they:
Washed hair
Blow dried hair
Applied BKT
Blow dried hair
Then flatironed hair (her hair LOOKED AMAZING)
Then 60 MINUTES later they:
Washed hair
Conditioned hair
Blow dried hair as a finish look (Did not look that straight).
And used No flatiron!!!

Her hair looked great after they flationed it (03:46). Why did they wash it out and only blow dry it after the flation 60 mins later? Are there many ways to do a BKT or they just added unnesessary steps? I thought after they flatironed the product in you had to wait a few days until you could wash it? Am i missing something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRzZMK1q4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRzZMK1q4A

Blessed2bless

Some of the bkter's have eliminated some of the steps i.e the 1st blow drying all the way dry... my hair was about 75% dry before I applied the application.. I would suggest to follow the instructions as close as possible until you know how to do it and what your hair needs. HTH... I watched brittanynic youtube video which was very helpful to me.

BlackGeisha

The steps also depend on the brand of BKT you use. Different brands have different steps and directions.Some are same day, which means you can wash your hair the same day. Some are 1 day treatments where you leave the treatment in your hair for 24 hrs. and wash it out. Then there are the 4 day treatments, where you have to leave your hair alone with the treatment in it for 4 days then wash.

Last edited:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

The steps also depend on the brand ok BKT you use. Different brands have different steps and directions.Some are same day, which means you can wash your hair the same day. Some are 1 day treatments where you leave the treatment in your hair for 24 hrs. and wash it out. Then there are the 4 day treatments, where you have to leave your hair alone with the treatment in it for 4 days then wash.

For instance, I think the brand they used in that video was softliss. Sofliss (formaldehyde free), Dreamhair (2% Formaldehyde), and Inoar Maroquino (1.7% Formaldehyde) are some that you wash after an hour.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I used Dreamhair, and could have washed after an hour, but I didn't. I kept it in for two days (cuz I didn't want to let go of that swangy soft hair I got, lol) and then I washed and re-flatironed with heat protectant on a much lower setting that I would have used pre-BKT. My hair still turned out silky and with lots of swang and shine.

natalie20121

Different products have different instructions. And I also think they only blow dry the hair the final time just to show you how straight it gets with out an iron. If you check out the first time they blew it out it was very curly and wavy versus the last time. HTH!