Black Seed Oil

Dubois007

My mom gave me a little bottle of that oil I rarely use it. I'm wondering if anyone is using it and know what is it good for. So far this is what I found on this website:http://www.blackseedoil.co.uk/

The Black Seed is scientifically known as Nigella Sativa, the herd grows about 16-24 inches in height. From it comes a small rectangular Black Seed which is also known as the Blessed Seed (Arab: Habbat ul Baraka, or Habbat ul Sauda).

The ancient Egyptians knew and used the Black Seed and described it as a panacea (cure for problems/disease). The Romans also knew this seed and called it Greek Coriander. Documented by the Greek physician of the 1st century, Dioscoredes, as an ailment for general health problems such as toothaches, headaches and was mainly used as a dietary supplement.

Black Seed has a stabalising effect on the Human Immune System which combats diseases that are a product of defective immune systems. So if the immune system is maintained, then the over all effect on the rest of the body can be felt.

A prophetic Medicine as recommended 1400 years ago by the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). In his divine wisdom he said - "Use the Black Seed for indeed, it is a cure for all diseases except death. Sahih Bukari 7:591

The Black Seed has been known and used throughout many cultures for over two thousand years.

The different names for Black Seed Oil Black Seed Oil is referred to differently depending on where in the world you are. Variations can be found regionally, for example between places in India it is referred to as Kalonji or Kalwanji Oil, whilst in Arabia it is commonly know as Habbat ul Sauda. Arabic Habbat ul Sauda, Habbat ul Baraka Dutch Nigelle, Narduszaad English Fennel flower, Onion seed French Cheveux de Vénus, Nigelle, Poivrette German Zwiebelsame, Nigella, Schwarzkümmel Hindi Kalounji, Munga reala Indonesian Jinten hitam Italian Nigella Malay Jintan hitam Punjabi Kalongi Russian Charnushka Singhalese Kaluduru Spanish Niguilla, Pasionara Tamil Karun jiragam Turkish Çörekotu siyah

I have it. The lady at the indian store recommended it for hair health. I like the shine and silky texture it provides. I use as a pre poo or sealer. hth

adw425

I have the black seed essential oil that I add to my scalp concoction. I have been wanting to buy the black seed (carrier) oil for over a year, but I still have so many other oils that I have yet to use up. I did extensive research on it about a year ago and I liked everything I read about about it.

BillyJay

I take the vege Black Seed Oil capsules by Amazing Herbs. They have helped acceparate my growth. I dont have pics, sorry.

Lavendar

I mix black seed oil with rhassoul clay as a face mask. It really purifies and tones my skin. I didn't know about taking it internally until BJ mentioned it.

jamaraa

I put a little black seed (usually oil form) in every herbal thing I make. It's excellent for skin and hair. It's also taken internally for a variety of ailments and cooked in food for it's bitter taste kind of like how fenugreek is used. In short, it's an all 'rounder.

If you want to know the benefits of the oil, look it up at www.fromnaturewithlove.com (under oils). Black seed is a VERY Muslim thing, it's said to cure everything BUT death! For the purposes we're discussing here, you can't go wrong w/ black seed tho I'd use it diluted in other things. It's quite expensive and a little goes along way!

Last edited:

stargazer613

I occasionally use this as a pre-poo (mixed with EVOO and carrot seed oil).....the one I have is from Sheaterra Organics and it has a very strong oregano-type smell, but I haven't used it long enough to notice any growth.

Halimah

"Black seed cures everything but death"

This oil is very secret to the Muslims. I dont use this for my hair but I take it when I am sick w/tea and and it works all the time.:yep::yep: